Third meet with Coco - potential adoption.

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by edzbird, Aug 17, 2015.

1. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

We're persisting with Coco. He is a dog with huge potential. Yesterday we had lovely afternoon in the hot sunshine up at Ard Jerkyll (the ManxSPCA site) - 50 minutes in the field walking/playing with Coco & Belle. She "tells" him when he's being too full-on and he backs off immediately. After 10 minutes of trying it on, we cooled down to just walking around the field. He was still being mad, but not bothering Belle. We're getting there. Their advice is keep taking it slowly, which suits us & Belle. He's 95% ours I think. If we can keep up with the improvements at the meetings we're aiming for adoption the second week in September when we're both home, off work.

They have dog training on a Saturday evening and have suggested we attend with Coco, and maybe Belle (not sure she'll be chuffed with a training class!). Also offered to take us out on an accompanied walk. I have to say, they're doing everything to help us with absolutely no pressure.

He was completely bonkers in the little paddling pool!

2. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Progress! It's lovely to get updates. I am so pleased for you.

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

What a good idea to make the introductions over time so that it becomes 'normal' for them both. Excellent :)

4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

so glad for you hope it works out

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

It sounds like a very good rescue, willing to put in a lot of time to find a good match for him. That's great. :)

6. PaulaG

PaulaG Registered Users

Sounds like everything is going well. It's nice that they are happy to take the time, and make a good match :)