Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Labrador Rescue' started by Naya, Apr 24, 2015.

1. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Tomorrow

Sounds like it's going really well !!

2. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Well done, Naya. Pongo says he is so proud of Harley!

3. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Glad to hear things are going well (apart from your dog-walker's ankle :() Harley is such a good girl teaching him to play. I hope you can get a successful routine sorted for when you go back to work.

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Blummin heck...doesn't life get in the way of your arrangements?Hope you get sorted,I'll be really interested how he is while you are out ....I hope he is nice and relaxed.That webcam is a godsend

5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Really pleased to hear that all is going so well with Harley and Spero. Spero is a very lucky boy to have found you.

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

It is lovely to hear your updates Ternaya, thank you :*

7. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Being left alone went quite well. I watched them every few mins on the webcam. For the first few mins Soero barked constantly, I seen Harley go over to his crate several times, think she was trying to reassure him, then he led down and every time I checked he was munching his Kong
    When I came back he was so excited that he had an accident before I managed to open the back door . In future I know to open the door before opening his crate
    We have been out to one of our local walks. He went in the water with Harley (he was on the long lead so could go too far) and enjoyed splashing . We had a few issues with other dogs.....as soon as I spotted one in the distance I would try and get his attention, unfortunately to no avail. I stood on his lead to stop him running as he tried once and nearly pulled me over. We only seen 4 dogs so not too bad. I think it's frustration as he wants to go and say hi. Hopefully going to meet up with Kate and do some work around this
    Not sure how I'm going to get around next week as they were both due to go to daycare for 2 days as we have a plasterer coming in to do our hallway. They have said they can't provide day care for a few weeks . Lots to think about.

Helen - I am struggling with Spero pushing Harley out of the way to be honest. I have been turning away from Spero every time he does it and on the very odd occasion Harley does it I do the same. I try to get one each side of me, or them next to each other in front of me then will give them a rub. Sometimes Harley will bark at Spero if he really shoves her, he ignores her most of the time, but sometimes will start mouthing her. I then say 'enough' in a firm voice or open the back door and say 'out' to both of them. I'm taking things slowly and am trying not to reward or pay attention to who ever pushes. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated x

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

10. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I think the pushing out of the way for attention isn't unusual at all, both my two do it. I know it will be exaggerated with Spero but I don't think it will ever stop entirely.

I fuss them both at the same time as fussing one inevitably means the other will come pushing in - then I also make sure each one gets some 'alone time' with me every day. When the neighbour fusses them over the fence Tatze doesn't get a look in! When Gypsy was poorly with her cold tail the neighbour remarked that it was nice for Tatze to get a turn. I tend to take Gypsy in the lounge with me for half an hour at TV time while Mr Boogs fusses Tatze in the kitchen. That works well, then Tatze comes and joins us (she's allowed on the sofa with me, Gypsy isn't)

11. bbrown

My two push each other out of the way too. Obi is worst and similarly I make sure each gets their fair share of love. Sometimes Obi has to go in the kitchen so Riley gets love. And also similarly Obi isn't allowed on the sofa (yet) to try and protect his joints. He's a shocker for jumping onto it in excitement though I just try and catch him before he jumps off.... ::) ::) ::)

12. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Millie also tries to push in, thankfully Sam is five times her weight so she doesn't get very far, but I do allow Sam the privilege of laying next to me on the sofa , Millie isn't allowed and has to put up with my husbands knee , so it keeps her in her place x

13. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

I love that photo of them on the bed - the expressions look like a couple who have had an argument but will be speaking to each other again soon ;D
    I'm sure they will both soon realise that they will get equal attention from you, so no need to get too vocal or physical about it :)

14. Naya

Naya Registered Users

My daughter has taught Spero 'sit'. I had tried for several days to no avail!!

https://flic.kr/p/soBq43

15. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Yay! And what a lovely sit it is. Love the way he gets a second treat. :)

16. bbrown

That's super, he is very handsome!!

17. Dexter

[quote author=Naya link=topic=10716.msg160171#msg160171 date=1430410566]

[/quote]

This video has made my day...... ;D thankyou and the photo on the bed is marvelous,they might not be totally relaxed but they aren't totally uncomfortable either...I predict snuggle buddy photos are in our forum future .....

You've had some right curve balls Ternaya,dog walker gone sick and daycare let you down.....but daycare might have been a lot for him so soon? When we had workers in Dex just got gated off from the work area or crated .....now he goes in my bedroom ::)

Sorry Spero was barking for a bit but being with Harley must really give him confidence...for a first time in these totally new circumstances I reckon that was a great first try x

looks so like the you I see in photos

18. Dexter

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=10716.msg160193#msg160193 date=1430414478]
    [quote author=Naya link=topic=10716.msg160171#msg160171 date=1430410566]

[/quote]

This video has made my day...... ;D thankyou and the photo on the bed is marvelous,they might not be totally relaxed but they aren't totally uncomfortable either...I predict snuggle buddy photos are in our forum future .....

You've had some right curve balls Ternaya,dog walker gone sick and daycare let you down.....but daycare might have been a lot for him so soon? When we had workers in Dex just got gated off from the work area or crated .....now he goes in my bedroom ::)

Sorry Spero was barking for a bit but being with Harley must really give him confidence...for a first time in these totally new circumstances I reckon that was a great first try x

looks so like the you I see in photos
    [/quote]

I meant to say Orianna looks so like the you I see in photos!

And....Spero is such a lovely looking dog ....he did a brilliant sit and Harley.....you are amazing too x

19. Naya

Naya Registered Users

The past few days have generally gone well . Spero is starting to sleep through the night - until last night someone had been sleeping in the living room with him. Harley didn't want to come to bed so I decided to leave them both in the living room. I came down at 7am to both of them still asleep and no accidents . Spero doesn't really like his crate atm so we left the front room door shut so they could have the whole room. I am soooo happy with this
    Spero is starting to play more, can sit nicely, can wait and give paw . Orianna went back to uni yesterday but really helped settle him in and done well training him
    This is them snuggled on the sofa
    [​IMG]Spero and Harley May 2015 :) by ternayacummings, on Flickr

Harley and Spero playing

Squashed up on the sofa

The only big issues we are having is other dogs. Spero met Dexter who is 21 months and lives next door. Unfortunately their meeting didn't go well . Both dogs had to be restrained as they really went for it. They have been smelling each other through the gate all week, then we let them sniff each other with the gate open and both on lead, then let them off lead which is when it all went wrong . We are going to meet Benson and Casper today so I'm really hoping it will go well . Hubby is coming as I can't hold Spero when he pulls as he is so strong.

20. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Fabulous photos - they look so alike!

;D