Welcome to the forums: please click 'Post New Thread' to say hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by pippa@labforumHQ, May 11, 2011.

1. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Welcome to the forums: please click 'new topic' to say hello!

Hello Alison and Oscar - what a lovely name for a dog!

Is Oscar curly or wavy? Pictures please :) We met a lovely doodle girl the other day and she looked just like a black golden retriever (if that makes sense!) beautiful and my husbands aunt has a lovely yellow curly coated doodle called Teddy who's a sweetheart.

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to the site! Oscar sounds like a very friendly, happy boy :) Who needs dignity when you've got enthusiasm? ;)

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Alison and Oscar, welcome from us, me Helen, Hattie our 5 1/2 year old Labradoodle :D and Charlie 2 1/2 year Lab x Pointer. Have fun on this lovely forum. Helen x

4. whisperer

whisperer Registered Users

Hi, I have recently brought home a black lab puppy called Skye. He is now 11 weeks old and wears his mischievous pants most days!!! I had forgotten how much work a boisterous puppy can be. Before Skye I had a Westie who sadly passed away a month ago at 13 and a half years of age. Skye is my first Lab. I cannot wait to start taking him out and start channelling some of that energy!! Great to read all the comments on this site. It really does help

5. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Hello from 22 month old Molly and me near Oxford. You have some great fun times ahead. Enjoy

6. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Hi, sorry to hear about your last dog. I am sure you will have an enoyable but busy time with your new pup. Welcome :)

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Welcome to Skye and your family!
    Good luck channelling that energy :)

jac

8. Sharski

Sharski Registered Users

Hi Everyone,
    My boy Toby is 15 weeks. He is a black lab. I'm so in love with him it's crazy!!! I also have a black lab/bulldog mix who will be turning 6 in November, who I also adore! We also had another black lab/bulldog mix that just passed away in August. He was only 7 and the most amazing dog ever! It was the most heart-breaking event in our lives...This is when Toby came into our lives. I have ALWAYS wanted a pure black lab and finally got Toby! (My husband didn't want a pure lab because of their "crazy" lab tactics but he got over-ruled by me and our children! Lol) Toby will never replace our Tator but he sure adds laughter and love to our household!!

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Aw, welcome to the forum Sharski. So sorry to hear of the loss of Tator. They're true heartbreakers, aren't they? But it sounds like Toby is keeping you busy. We'd love to see some pictures of your current two and Tator if you have any to share :)

10. rosspy

rosspy Registered Users

hello :) i am Spyro im from greece in my country we have more then 100,000 street dogs.. 10/12/15 1 days before my birthday i was returning home 3 am and i found a white puppy with an yellow ear crying and then he followed me we got attached to each other the same day i got him to a vet i asked him about his breed and he told me he is a lab a rare lab.....well i read a lot how to be with him he only listens to me because i saved him he is 2 months old and he is so clever im even learning him to walk around the garden even to come when told sit he sits when i tell him follow he follows...
    so my main problem Mrs.Pippa is that i want you to check him...because im comfused to what he is i don't know nothing imagine only he is 2 months years old and a lab can i show you a picture somehow and u will answer me from your expierience and only? :D :) i always loved dogs since 7 im just an 23 years old boy and having all time for my little Olgierd :) Thank you for read this

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi rosspy , welcome to the forum Spyro.
    It is sometimes very difficult to tell from a photo whether a puppy is a lab, or a lab mix, or even another breed mix.
    I bet your puppy is delighted to have someone to look after him. We love all dogs on this forum equally.
    Have you seen him mother or any other of the pup's litter around where you live?
    Hoping the vet has advised you about feeding and vaccinations.
    What a lucky boy to have found you.

12. rosspy

rosspy Registered Users

No no...i found him crying under a car and then he choose me and followed me and then i Huged him and brought him home he didn't even have a collar he never leaves me although when he sleeps sometimes he cries and i wake him up to relax him he was near were i live...i just hope somebody won't come to me and tells me he used to be mine or something like that because he will have a bad ending....Vet told me a lot of things i knew because many of my friends have big dogs but one thing he also told me there is a big diffrence with a pup that u buy and the one you save that the one you save never really really leaves you

13. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi Rosspy and welcome to the forum :) Your puppy will now have a much happier life, I am sure, now that he has someone to care for him properly. :)

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

rosspy thank you for the message - unfortunately I cannot see your photo. You will need to use a host for your picture and then paste a link. This recent thread shows you how to do it from Photobucket, or you can use Flickr, or Imgur or one of the other common host sites.
    http://thelabradorforum.com/forum/i...-help/272234-posting-a-photo-from-photobucket

If you post it on the main forum, then other people can see your pup too and offer their advice.

15. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Welcome Rosspy from Hattie 8 years and our rescue Charlie 5 years. It was so lucky you heard the little puppy crying or heaven knows what would have happened. I hope you enjoy many happy times together. Helen x :)

16. rosspy

rosspy Registered Users

well thats him 6 days now 2months years old :) he is an amazing pup and he only listens to me ONLY i don't know why but when i just say hey! he stops everything and follows me

17. Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson Registered Users

Hey everyone...
    I am Marry Anderson from California. I want to join this community to know more things.

18. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Mary, welcome to the forum! We would love to hear a little more about you, why not post in our hello section if you can fnd it. Someone else might post the link to it, I am stuck on my phone right now.

19. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hi Mary and welcome to the forum from Fred and me. Fred is a black Lab. What is your dogs name?

20. Aly

Aly Registered Users

Hi sorry where do i find the new topic button?! Thanks