Working dog thefts in Hampshire

Discussion in 'Labradors in the News' started by bbrown, Dec 31, 2012.

1. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Re: Working dog thefts in Hampshire

Thank you for that it's absolutely terrible. The same thing happened last Christmas/New Year in Hampshire. We live in Hampshire but I am betting nobody would want to steel Charlie and if they did they would soon return him!!! ;) Helen

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh how absolutely terrible and devastating for the owners . I find myself getting paranoid about Sam , a man was watching him retrieving in the woods today and remarked how he loved to see a working dog , he was most likely completely innocent but there is a real problem with dog theft down here in Cornwall too, just horrible x

4. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Oh that really is awful - there's one aspect of neutering that Pippa doesn't mention in her article - a neutered dog is a lot less interesting to thieves. I never discuss Rusty's line with people I meet or talk about how much I paid for him - you just never know.

5. David

David Registered Users

Had some thefts here in Lingfield a few months ago as well. Working Cockers taken from a kennel. As you say, it's really only the intact ones they are interested in because they can breed from them.

6. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

It unconfirmed at the moment but there we have heard that three men in a green Subaru have been detained in relation to the dog crimes over Christmas.

Fingers crossed they've got them and the dogs an be recovered

7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Lets hope so. I read about a lady walking her very beautiful GSP, the dog went a little way ahead of her, a van was spotted loading the dog and driving off with her before the owner could do anything. She was heartbroken and so are her children. Terrible. :'( Helen