Yogi has arrived

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by camo, Dec 22, 2016.

1. camo

camo Registered Users

Hi all,

I just jumped on, to share that Yogi has arrived, well he has been actually home now for two nights, but I had my mum make a surprise visit to stay for a few days (she lives about 5 hours away), so I have been too busy to jump on and post. Normally it would be a great surprise to have her stay, but as you can imagine absolutely worst time when we are bringing home a puppy and had the spare room setup for him to sleep in:rolleyes:, but it's not like I could just tell her to come back another day:eek:, and we didn't tell her we were getting a new puppy, it was going to be a surprise, so she had no way of knowing.

Meet Yogi:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is Yogi and Bear sharing a turtle leg:bone:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You might be wondering what is going on with Yogi's spiky hair, well this is what happens when your brother has a drink of water and then comes and gives you a lick on the head (Bears tongue is about the same size as Yogi's head at the moment:D)

Day one was a disaster:facepalm::

The initial plan was to introduce Yogi and Bear in the next door neighbors yard (I don't think Bear would be territorial, but figured better safe than sorry), but with us being gone for 8 hours (it was an 8 hour return trip to pick up Yogi), Bear in his excitement managed to get past my mum (who was Bear sitting) and out the back door, where he found Yogi.

Well Bear didn't even see him at first, but Yogi saw Bear and let out the biggest cry (like he was being attacked) and took off under a nearby bush. Bear reacted with all hackles going up (something I have never seen on him before). We managed to regroup and after burning off a bit of Bears energy, we made a proper introduction.

Night One, Yogi the Devil child:devil::

We managed to find what we hoped to be a good location for Yogi to sleep (as the spare room was now occupied), but as soon as he realised he was going to bed, he let us know this was not acceptable. Boy does he have a set of lungs:D, I literally thought somehow he had got caught up in the crate, I came running back into the room to find him standing their completely fine, just not happy to be in his crate. We did not have a good nights sleep, he was very different to how Bear was (Bear cried for a few minutes and then quickly gave up).

He seems to be settling in well now, only a slight whimper last night, and he already seems very well toilet trained (famous last words).

The main thing is that Bear seems to be accepted him as his favorite little brother, and has been very good at being gentle, laying down and even allowing Yogi to jump on him, although Yogi is way too small to be left unsupervised with Bear as he could easily accidentally hurt him. Play times are closely supervised and after Bear has already burned off some energy playing fetch.

Today Yogi had to have his first bath as Yogi and Bear were playing in the back yard when Bear decided he needed to do a wee, lets just say Yogi decided to keep playing, but wondered why it had suddenly started raining:puke:.

Xena Dog Princess, Cath, Edp and 17 others like this.
  2. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Oh oh ohhhhhhhhhh!!

He is too cute! :inlove: Look at them all cuddled up together!

camo likes this.
  3. Joy

Joy Registered Users

He is gorgeous, and I love the name!

camo likes this.
  4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Fun and games! He's lovely :heart:

camo likes this.
  5. lisa humphreys

lisa humphreys Registered Users

:inlove:Ohh wow he is so handsome ..... cant wait to bring my little lady home

camo likes this.
  6. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

ooh Yogi! He's lovely :inlove:

camo likes this.
  7. camo

camo Registered Users

Thank you, I can just imagine us at the beach calling both our boys "Yogi Bear, come on"....lol

Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures:tail:

lisa humphreys likes this.
  8. camo

camo Registered Users

Yogi is settling in well, his only worry today was if he should chew the stick, Bears ear, or the bin wheel:angel:

[​IMG]

And if he should share the rope with his brother:doug:

[​IMG]

Cath, MF, charlie and 6 others like this.
  9. lisa humphreys

lisa humphreys Registered Users

awww bless, cant wait to share my pix with you all :doug:

camo likes this.
  10. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Bring it on... we can take it! We're tough that way. :penguin:

@camo Yogi and Bear are adorable by the way, thank you for sharing these pics. Bear kind of looks like he MAY not be sure about this whole fluff ball situation, but he's willing to give Yogi the benefit of the doubt for now.

camo and lisa humphreys like this.
  11. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Yogi, you are a sweetheart and Bear, you are the BESTEST big brother!

camo likes this.
  12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh how super cute! I just can't bear all these puppy photos...(s'cuse the pun! :D)

snowbunny and camo like this.
  13. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

He's so cute!! Love him, and Bear is so sweet

camo likes this.
  14. Granca

Granca Registered Users

They both look so lovely - and Yogi seems so tiny compared with Bear! :)

camo likes this.
  15. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Bear is a GREAT big brother......must have a great personality! And Yogi is totally adorable.
    I love his pink tongue in the first photo!

camo and Emily_BabbelHund like this.
  16. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Yogi is gorgeous, I love your photo's :) x

camo likes this.
  17. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

OMG cuteness overload! Bear has always pulled at my heart strings and now add little Yogi to the mix......:heart::heart: can't wait to see more photos of the two of them :hug:

camo likes this.
  18. Naya

Naya Registered Users

So cute :heart:
    How do they get on?

camo likes this.
  19. camo

camo Registered Users

No he is fine with Yogi being around, I was worried at first with the hackle incident, but I think he was just reacting to Yogi's screaming and didn't know what was going on, I don't even think he saw Yogi at that point. I would say Bear is absolutely obscessed with Yogi, the only thing that takes priority is food:D. I have had to block Bear from getting to Yogi's crate as they keep trying to play when he needs to rest.

The photos and Bear are suffering from 'Helicopter Parent Syndrome':rolleyes:, Bear constantly wants to play with Yogi, and Yogi equally wants to play with Bear, but I keep getting in the way. I think Bear is doing all the right things, being gentle, getting down to his level, allowing the play to go both ways, but at the moment I am being fairly controlling on how they interact. I don't want any accidents, my fear being Bear getting overly excited and jumping around and forgetting where his feet are landing (I have had my fair share of bruises from Bear's playfulness. I don't really have any photos of 'real play' as they settle in, as I am too busy observing to feel comfortable focusing on taking photos (if that makes sense).

Bears main playmate is my brothers staffy, who is always full of energy, so although Bear is being gentle, he is struggling with understanding why I won't just let him ramp up the energy level, especially when Yogi is trying to ramp it up. I'm not sure if I am controlling the interactions correctly (bit worried i am not being fair on Bear as he is generally the one getting called off, although he is getting treats to do it, to the point that I am treating with his food by removing some from each meal)? I am trying to keep the energy level lower by playing fetch with Bear first.

Anyway I'm sure Yogi will grow quickly and with it my concerns will reduce

MF and Emily_BabbelHund like this.
  20. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Awwwwww.......:hug:

camo likes this.