“Cute” Quality Martingale Collars?

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by iconic1, Oct 31, 2018.

1. iconic1

iconic1 Registered Users

Can someone recommend a quality Martingale collar brand that has some nice designs?

My daughter wants something “cute” for her black girl :).

Jade likes this.
  2. iconic1

iconic1 Registered Users

Ideally with clasp.

3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Sorry, I don't use Martingale collars on my dogs. I worry, that although they are supposed to act like a limited slip, they can easily be misused and end up causing discomfort for the dog.
    There are, however, lots of cute collars with simple buckle or plastic clip I could recommend instead :)

4. iconic1

iconic1 Registered Users

Interesting. How is a properly fitted Martingale any more dangerous than a basic clip collar? Cant any collar pulled too hard, or misused, do damage or cause discomfort? Appreciate your thoughts.

5. Jade

Jade Registered Users

Hello. This is a great site. I'm not sure about the shipping options. www.shoredog.com
    All collars are custom made and excellent quality.
    I usually buy the Shore Dog Walker Collar. It's a combination Martingale/Buckle collar.

6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Yes that is why a lot of us use a harness until the pup is well trained enough to walk nicely on a flat collar. It avoids damaged to the delicate structures in the neck.even a well fitted martingale constricts and I want to avoid that at all costs.

Joy likes this.
  7. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

I use a harness because both my dogs are inclined to pull or lunge at some time. I don't want a flat collar to pull against their neck, or worse still, a martingale to tighten up around their neck. I have a couple of funky-coloured harnesses.

Saffy/isla, SwampDonkey and Joy like this.
  8. iconic1

iconic1 Registered Users

Good food for thought. Thanks.

9. tom amigos

tom amigos Registered Users

I tried martingale collars but they did not work and were a bit cheap. Can someone post a link for me to a well made martingale? I have a few collars I use that are a very durable, strong leather, they do not tighten up on my Lulu. They are also nice a wide so they do not hurt her neck and look great. I am posting a link to my favorite ...the American Flag Leather Dog Collar I have. My husband a U.S. Marine and stationed in Korea. This company gave us a 20% military discount. Keep in mind these collars are great quality and worth the money!

10. Jade

Jade Registered Users

See my post above. Re: Shore Dog Walker Collar.
    They work great.

11. Jilly Ruby Jane

Jilly Ruby Jane Registered Users

I recommend you Bluberry pet spring scent foral safety training martingale dog collar, it's cute. Or you can find another colar in dog telligent, I read in there before buying.