10 Month Old Behavior Worsening

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Yamilex, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Yamilex

Yamilex Registered Users

I have a 10 month old lab, I’ve been training him he was acting up and doing horrible things and he’s been doing wonderful for a couple weeks I don’t know what caused him to switch but the last 4 days he’s been going back to his old behavior, not listening, purposely doing the opposite of what he’s supposed to do, eating trash, not sitting, refusing to potty outside, jumping up on people, biting, chewing things he’s not supposed to be chewing on even when he’s given his own toy or bones. He was sick with diarrhea and vomiting mucus for 3 days but that’s gone. I don’t know what else to do I’m at my wits end even taking him on walks and mental stimulation doesn’t do enough for his behaviors

2. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Sorry to read about your issue. But I think we need more detail. Could you please explain how you've been training your dog to stop doing the undesirable behaviours. Did you stop reinforcing alternative desirable behaviours? What reinforcement were you using? How did you proof or generalise your training?

Sorry for all the questions. But we need to know what has changed in your training for the undesirable behaviour to re-emerge. I don't see how the dog's illness itself would explain what your are observing.