10 month pup barking and new people in home

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by DebsLab, Aug 23, 2022.

1. DebsLab

DebsLab Registered Users

Our pup always gets excited when people come over, most he met before but doesn't see much. I keep him on leash and he can't jump and has to calm down, he is usually played with before if I know to get some energy out. His excitement might be normal but on the "high" end. As he gets to know them each time is a little less.
    Today a plumber came to replace toilet downstairs. My husband said he barked but since the plumber didn't want to engage (his choice of course) my pup barked and barked and barked. Nothing my husband did calmed him. He tried to give him more rare treats, bully sticks, pupford turbo chews, a frozen kong but nothing made him stop. I have no idea why this old gentleman provoked this reaction but until he left (an hour or so) he just kept it up with small breaks. My husband didn't want to leave the house but did take him in yard for a few minutes and tried pen and just keeping him on couch. Why would he have such a strong reaction? We had someone in to check furnace and he barked but after a nuzzle or two, he was fine, just hyper.
    I will mention it to vet but didn't know how "normal" it was. Thanks for any input.