11 week old lab pup steals..

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by SophieW, Aug 23, 2018.

1. SophieW

SophieW Registered Users

Basically i have 3 dogs .Lab puppy and 2 seniors.. problem i have is when i play with all three with toys she will drop toy she has and try nick toy the senior dog has that i am playing with.. same happens whatever toy, they dont tell her off for it either but i dont want her doing this forever.. its first dog i have ever seen this happen with.. please help!

2. mom2labs

mom2labs Registered Users

Our now 22 week old puppy has been doing this with our senior dog as well since about 9 weeks and same thing, senior dog doesn't do anything just lets him take it. However, Oakley will get it and most of the time will take it to older dog for him to grab the other half.

3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

I expect that you engaging with one of your other dogs and not her, is much more interesting than what she is doing, also when she does steal a toy, you immediately give her the attention she probably wants. :) At this stage, I would be giving your dogs separate playtime, and training sessions, to prevent any annoying habits and behaviours developing as the little one matures, stoic dogs are quite as stoic when the little pup gets a bit bigger and even more annoying plus with sharp bitey teeth!

pippa@labforumHQ likes this.