12 Week Old Pup!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sara Connor, May 26, 2020.

1. Sara Connor

Sara Connor Registered Users

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a very lovely 12 week old pup; he’s sleeping well in his crate & is such a bundle of fun but I’ve got a few queries I wondered if you could help with..

- We put him to bed at 10 and he wakes up around 5.30 for the toilet. He’s often asleep again within 20 minutes but if I put him straight back in his crate after his toilet break he seems a bit unhappy.. Do I just need to do this for a few days until he gets used to it, or is 7 hours sleeping in his crate enough?

- Walking! We’ve been walking him in short 10-15 minute walks for a week but he still needs lots of encouragement. He was dragging his heels a lot and needs a few treats if he becomes really stubborn but is very wary on his walks. I now wait for him to walk rather than trying to persuade him all the time, is this normal though & does anyone have any tips?

- Leaving him alone. At the moment we’re obviously both at home due to isolation but I want to start leaving him alone more. I’ve done an hour at a time each morning and he cries a little but is okay, shall I just increase the length slowly?

- Lastly is the car! We pop him in the boot and we’ve done around 4-5 short car journeys and he barks the entire time. Any advice to help with this too?

Thanks very much!