15 month old suddenly weeing inside

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by GreenLady55, Apr 2, 2017.

1. GreenLady55

GreenLady55 Registered Users

Hi there,
    Any experience with an older dog (15 months) who has been fully house broken until now - suddenly weeing inside? It has happened twice this week. The first time he had only been inside for around 1.5 hours after being outside for a couple of hours (i.e plenty of time to pee), and he went down the hallway and suddenly I heard the almighty thunder of a grown male labrador emptying his bladder on the carpet - fully! Second time was last night during the night in bed, he has actually peed on his bed, which is very strange. He is totally healthy, not at all unwell, eating and drinking, happy and playing like normal. I can´t really understand it. Any thoughts?

2. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Crikey! I don't really know the answer, only if he is emptying in such volumes has he had a wee outside?

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

First thoughts would be to exclude a uti.
    Any change in routines or home arrangements?

4. GreenLady55

I guess he definitely had not the first time as he must have emptied a bloody litre of urine onto my brand new carpet :(:(:(:(. But why would he suddenly forget to relieve himself outside after having done so for almost a year?! he has been house trained since about 12 weeks and had his last accident at about 17 weeks, so a long time ago now. The nighttime I can maybe understand, because I guess for some reason desperation could take over as in isolated incident, but he didn´t even make it up off his bed - he sleeps in the laundry with his bed at one end, so plenty of space to pee somewhere else in the room, but he has literally peed on his bed and half into my linen cupboard o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O. It´s slightly upsetting haha - also as we have a 6 month old baby so I am not too keen on the germs

5. GreenLady55

What would be symptoms of a UTI? He is healthy and well, eating and drinking. Seems completely himself.

Re change of home - we have moved house, but that was around a month ago now, he was at his breeders for a week while we moved. So he has been in this house for 3 weeks and just started this a couple of days ago.

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Could the brand new carpet be a reason? Different smell, people in fitting it....just "something new".

Usually excessive peeing and "urgency" to pee so not getting out on time - most obvious symptoms anyway.
    I know it doesn't seem enormously likely.

But to be honest, the whole new house thing, new rooms etc - all might just "need christened" and may well be more likely.

7. GreenLady55

mmmm I am suspicious something is up, as he also stayed at my sisters for 3 weeks during our house build (him and her great dane are utterly in love with each other) and he never had an accident there, despite it being a new house to him.
    He did get bitten while at his breeders - I still can´t believe it myself as it was entirely her fault. I hope he doesn´t have anxiety or something like that, though he seems absolutely fine and has been around other dogs since and shown no difference in himself.
    I guess I will just keep an eye on him :)

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

:nod:

9. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

When we got a new rug Stanley did a really big wee on it.

Never has since. I think he was just marking.