17 weeks and still biting our clothes

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Tomal, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Tomal

Tomal Registered Users

Our puppy is just over 17 weeks old and although he hasn't bitten our skin for many weeks he still grabs our clothes at certain times and can sometimes rip holes :( . He does it when he is over stimulated or over tired which I can sometimes pre-empt but the behaviour has got worse over the last few days. Is this normal at 17 weeks? We always leave the room and ignore him when he does it but that is sometimes very hard when he is attached to your trousers/top and the clothing is starting to rip!! I've already told my sons not to expect computer games for Christmas as they'll will be having a replacement of their entire wardrobe instead! ;D

2. Christoph W

Christoph W Registered Users

Re: 17 weeks and still biting our clothes

Odin started this when he was about 5 month old. Jumping up a tearing at my wifes clothes and he tore apard a good amount of pullovers and jackets ;D ;D. Does he do this to every family member because Odin only did this to my wife while he never tried doing it to me.
    Keep on ignoring him and giving him "time outs" when he gets his crazy few minutes. Also a sharp NO won't destroy his little soul ;). Your doing the right thing :) :). Odin did this for about a month or two but then we got it under controll and he totally stopped it.

3. Tomal

Tomal Registered Users

Re: 17 weeks and still biting our clothes

He mainly does it to my husband, occasionally to my sons, hardly ever to me. It's nice to know that it's normal, he's our first dog so we're completely clueless other than what I've read in books and on this forum!