2 month old choc lab aggressive towards partner

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Camryn Pontzious, Aug 30, 2023.

?

Give Willow back to the breeder as she’s not a good fit

1. Yes , give her back.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, don’t give her back .

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Camryn Pontzious

Camryn Pontzious Registered Users

first I’ll start by saying we got her roughly 2 weeks ago. at first she liked my partner more than me. I’m home 90% of the time while my partner works more. fast forward a few days in she started biting both of us, continue to fast forward, she doesn’t bite me but a play bite. However, she’s becoming very aggressive by the day to my partner! Willow, our chocolate lab, will launch jump and growl in the air, or continue to bite her over and over and while trying to move away, she bites her legs/back .. ANYTHING!. It’s getting worse. And I’m concerned. I first thought maybe she’s protecting me/guarding.. but when I wasn’t there today, she continued for no reason. My partner is very sweet, she’s innocent, etc. it doesn’t make sense. We’ve tried saying NO, no success. She’s tried saying NO and a tap on the nose, no success, ignoring her works for about 2 seconds if that, she’s tried giving her a toy, success for a few seconds and she returns. At this point only being 11 weeks I’m concerned. Behavioral aggression this young is not something I’m comfortable with. Even if we take her to a trainer, im worried for what the future holds. I feel like I’m failing her, at the end of the day I want the best for miss Willow. any suggestions :(

2. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hello, she is young yet and of you read a lot of the old posts on here, you will find many the same. Lab pups are notorious for biting more than other needs in the early stages. They are fondly known as crocopups ! They are too impulsive, get over tired and don't understand no at this stage. The best thing that worked for us was distraction. We gave her lots of things to keep her teeth busy, until around 16 weeks when the baby teeth drop out and it gets better. We gave her cardboard boxes, frozen kongs, frozen carrots...anything to keep her mouth busy. Stick with her, she will settle.

Monty's human and sarah@forumHQ like this.