2 more weeks!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by eileen2664, Feb 24, 2018.

1. eileen2664

eileen2664 Registered Users

We saw pup again yesterday (we've named him Remington/Remy), so cute! All his brothers and sisters were running around like, well, puppies but he just snuggled in my arms and was perfectly content being pet. When I put him down he sniffed around and walked off. But oh my gosh he's gonna be a big boy, he's quite a bit bigger than his siblings, almost the size of the pups in the other litter the breeder had (they had 2 litters, 9 days apart, different moms/dads). We're bringing him home in 2 weeks from yesterday, yay!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Granca, CMartin, Plum's mum and 9 others like this.
  2. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Congratulations! He's got a lovely little serious face! :)

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Very cute :inlove: Make sure you get lots of sleep and rest over the next 2 weeks!

4. Joy

Joy Registered Users

What a sweet little chap!

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Awww, he looks just like Pongo did! (And Pongo was a big boy too....)
    7 weeks 5.jpg

Granca, CMartin, Plum's mum and 2 others like this.
  6. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Exciting times!

7. Bettie

Bettie Registered Users

Our choccie was like that except that he refused to walk away, he just sat there string at us and acted as if he expected us to take him right then. When we didn't he looked despondent until we said we'd be back for him, and then he went to play, BUT HIS EYES NEVER LEFT US. It was positively weird. When he did come there was no whining at night, he moved right in as if he'd always been here. Of course, our older Labrador, died on the same day he was born.

Nibbler's Mum, Granca and edzbird like this.
  8. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

He's very cute! I think @Beanwood posted something a little while back about the difference in the size of puppies in a litter not being indicative of difference in size when they're grown?
    Fun fact you may or may not be aware of: in a single litter there may be puppies with different dates of conception if the dogs were allowed to mate multiple times. In fact, even weirder than that, you can have one litter sired by multiple fathers! So you could technically have a litter where half are pedigree Labs and the other half are crosses. But assuming your pup isn't half Great Pyrenees, then he might simply be bigger because he's been brewing longer - or because he's been a greedy-guts since he came out :)

Jojo83 likes this.
  9. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Can't wait to hear more about Remy. That's one of my favourite names too!

Brogan's litter was like that - 11 puppies who looked very similar as little pups but once older it was clear there was one group of fullRotties, one pit bull/Rottie group and one Rottie/Lab mix group. Mama was a busy lady! :D

Awww...baby Pongo! :inlove:

Rosie likes this.
  10. Moosenme

Moosenme Registered Users

Aw, Remy looks alot like Moose did just a couple of weeks ago! What a cutie. Moose was the one out of the litter that came and sat at my feet, while the others were dashing willy nilly about. And the owners told me he was the calmest of the group, so home he came. The litter he came from was possibly sired by two different males; the owners had a female lab and two male labs. Then they caught both males in the pen with the female, so have no idea which dog sired which pups. (all were registered labs). :D