4 am wake up !

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Edp, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hi, Meg is now 16 weeks and is great. She is house trained and doing really well inside and outside the home. She really is quite a delight. However she has started waking at 4am for a wee, then 5am then 6 am. Each time she is bursting, good volume etc. She goes straight back to bed afterwards. She goes out last thing about 11 and water up at 8pm. She did do better. She is very hungry at the moment and is growing like mad so I am hoping its linked to that ! Any clues/ideas to help, or I guess I will wearily ride it out ! Emma #verytired :)

2. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: 4 am wake up !

She's still quite young to go through the night. As Meg (and her bladder) grow things should improve.

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author=Edp link=topic=6411.msg84987#msg84987 date=1401863325]
    However she has started waking at 4am for a wee, then 5am then 6 am. Each time she is bursting, good volume etc.
    [/quote]

Is this a new thing? While not being able to make it through the night at 4 months might not be a big deal, needing a wee at 4am, 5am and 6am, when water has been taken up at 8pm the previous night, doesn't sound that usual for a 4 month old pup to me. If it's always been the case, well, fine, she just needs to mature a bit. But if not, maybe think about perhaps a check up just to rule out any problems/infections etc.

4. Indy

Indy Registered Users

It gets light about that time and the dogs know it, mine get restless as it gets light.
    But if she has to go at 4, 5 and then 6am, it would worth finding out if she has a UTI.

Is she crated and is it covered? By covering the crate helps.
    If she waking for a wee, you will have to cope with that.
    It will get better as she gets older.

5. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hi All, thanks for your comments. She was going 10ish till about 530 ish. She is crated, she loves it. It was actually still dark at 4 so I think she just needed a wee. I don't think she has a urine infection as she is very well, has very good clear volumes and no other frequency in the day. I think I will just have to ride it out and wait for her to develop a bit more. Thanks :)

6. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Just to add that they arent necessarily poorly with a UTI , especially is its in its infancy . It is strange that her routine hasnt altered , I think if it were me , I would get a sample and pop it to the Vet , just in case .

7. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Sounds like a UTI to me! I would have her seen to.