5 Month Old Puppy Potty Issues

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Lindsey Alvarez, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Lindsey Alvarez

Lindsey Alvarez Registered Users

Hello!
    My pup Winnie is just about 5 months old, and he has been potty trained since the day we got him at 12 weeks. However the last few days he has peed in the house for no apparent reason. Any idea why he would do this when he NEVER has before?

2. Jade

Jade Registered Users

He's still a baby.Sometimes you think a pup is fully potty trained just because he hasn't had any accidents.
    A lot of times there will be accidents. Maybe you missed his cue to go potty or when he did go outside he got distracted and didn't finish. If it becomes a serious issue a trip to the Vet to rule out a Urinary tract infection may be a good idea.

Michael A Brooks likes this.
  3. John424242

John424242 Registered Users

Your dog might have a urinary tract infection. also, were you away? if so it might be seperation anxity. if you were just coming home then it could have been from exitment. its also possibel that he had an axident and he now thinks its okay. i would still get him checked up for a urinary tract infection.

4. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

I think we probably need more information to be able to help - ie - on when this has happened, what time of day, what has the puppy just done before this, when were they last taken out, when did they last eat or drink .... etc....