6 months and still biting

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by suejoh, Nov 19, 2015.

1. suejoh

suejoh Registered Users

My girl is a GSD from a working line. In fact she is very good most of the time but if I play with a tuggy and she gets wound up then when I put it away sometimes she jumps and bites me. In fact she probably also does it when she gets bored for instance when out on the lead and I am talking to someone.
    Someone suggested I tread right on the end of the lead so she has to lie down and then wait till she settles. Not sure about this.

She learns quickly and sits, recalls, finds things and brings them back, waits but not good with the cat, jumps up still. Teaching her loose lead.

Anyway is the above behaviour normal at this age. Would the above suggestion be a good way to tackle it?

Also - and I dont know if this is related. If my old dog really tells her off then occasionally she will race around and then come back and really jump on her and make a lot of noise. I pull her off at this stage and she is used to that and will stop then and I can then leave them to wander around together.