7 week lab puppy

Discussion in 'Gundog Training, Fieldwork, & Field Trials' started by cdinkel, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Boogie

Boogie Moderator

Me too :)

2. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

We all start as amateurs. A dog trainer just undertakes formal study to gain qualifications and tries to make a living fro their skills and knowledge :) and not all trainers are brilliant trainers while some are absolutely awesome. I know dog trainers who have reactive dogs or poor recall etc they just have a wider skill set to call upon to try and resolve or seek help from another professional for a second opinion. For me there is only one way to train, whether amateur or professional, and that's through positive reinforcement.

3. heidrun

heidrun Moderator

Are you a professional (gundog) trainer, @Jojo83 ?

4. cdinkel

cdinkel Registered Users

Yeah thats what i am trying to do is use positive training its just hard sometimes especially when you are getting chewed on/ bitting at this stage. I need to get a treat holder or something to have easy access to treats cause diging in my pocket or caring them in my hand all the time isn't the best to try and reward him when he does something correct especially if i am trying to do stuff.

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Administrator Forum Supporter

I find sweatshirts with a "pouch" pocket on front are most convenient for easy-access treats or toy :)