8 month old lab toilet training

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by Wor, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Wor

Wor Registered Users

Hi everyone. I have two questions and hope you guys can give me some advice. My lab is 8 months old and since she was little, I always take her out to toilet in her 6x6 ft toilet area I built for her in my backyard. She does her business every time I take her there and hasn’t had any accidents in the house since she was about 4-5 months old. The first issue is when I leave for work, she stays outside in my securely fenced yard so she can have space to run around. But then she pees all over the place and doesn’t go to her toilet area.

Secondly, because I routinely take her out to toilet when I’m home, she probably hasn’t leaned to tell me when she has to go by herself. How can I train her to do that? And the bell I don’t think is going to work at this point as she still pretty much chews on it.

Thanks!

2. amelbeach

amelbeach Registered Users

The problem appears whenever I leave home (for work) - he goes potty inside with no holdbacks ! He goes both number one and number two. I have cleaned the floor with anti-urine products, I have sprayed with keep away products, but nothing works. When I come home, the floor is wet. I am obviously doing something bad because he is 8 months old by now, and still doing it. It's a male pup by snaptube vidmate the way, but I really don't think it's marking the place - waaaay too much urine, like puddles.

3. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

How long do you leave him for? How was he introduced to being alone? Stress is usually the main factor which makes them toilet when they are left alone.