A fun game..

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Hollysdad, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Over the last week I've been teaching Holly to fetch my slippers when I come home. Every time she brings me a slipper she gets a treat. When I've got them both we have a play.

I started by throwing them a few feet away. Once she got the hang of that I threw them into the hall. Today I left them in the hall so she had to find them, and she brought them both to me.

She's loving this game, probably because it plays to all her retriever instincts. Does anyone else play this game?

2. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Re: A fun game..

Good girl Holly! We play something similar but with my house keys...when brodick has a wee first thing in the morning he always gets to carry my keys back into the house (loves it for some reason) and as he kept just dropping them anywhere I decided to teach him to put them somewhere so now he knows to go straight into the lounge and put them on the sofa. Then I sneak into the lounge when he goes off to find big sis cuillin (they always like to say hello to each other after theyve been out for separate wees bless em)and I hide them somewhere else in the lounge and tell him Go Find The Keys and he does and brings them to where I am but currently trying to get him to put them back on the sofa again but for some reason he forgets second time round!!he really likes this, dunno why but he wants to do it every morning...

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Hollysdad....we don't do the slipper trick but maybe I could adapt it to 'find my trainers' when we are going out walking as I get a lot of help with the preparation process ::) x

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

;D

5. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Tonight Holly amazed me. I came home and flopped into the sofa and she brought me the first slipper. I didn't have to give her the command "fetch my slippers", she just did it. I gave her a treat and the command and she ran off for the other one and brought it.

We started playing this game ten days ago and she seems to have worked it out already :)

6. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Such a clever girl!!!! :D

7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

[quote author=Hollysdad link=topic=3486.msg38982#msg38982 date=1386017473]
    Tonight Holly amazed me. I came home and flopped into the sofa and she brought me the first slipper. I didn't have to give her the command "fetch my slippers", she just did it. I gave her a treat and the command and she ran off for the other one and brought it.

We started playing this game ten days ago and she seems to have worked it out already :)
    [/quote]

Wow brilliant Holly, I can't anyone or anydog to fetch anything for me ;D

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

What a good girl! :D

9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I take it all back, I lost my hat on my walk today and Hattie went and fetched and brought it back to me after she had thrown it around a bit, covered it in mud and leaves ;D

10. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

[quote author=charlie link=topic=3486.msg39167#msg39167 date=1386090280]
    Hattie... brought it back to me after she had thrown it around a bit, covered it in mud and leaves ;D
    [/quote]

Be fair, maybe she found it like that. You know how quick the local robins are to lay claim to items of discarded knitwear when posing for Christmas cards... ;D
    Clare