A great book for training !!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Jade, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Jade

Jade Registered Users

"Train Your Dog Like A Pro" by Jean Donaldson. This is awesome and so easy to follow. The commands are done in stages and it gives step by step instructions for each. We just finished with "Sit" and are moving on to "Watch" .
    It comes with a DVD but I find the book easier to follow. If you want to train at home I highly recommend this book.
    I'm really having fun and I think Lincoln is too. He's a quick learner.

2. Browneyedhandsomebuddy

Browneyedhandsomebuddy Registered Users

That’s great Jade, I’ll definitely look into this. Buddy is really good with training but as he gets older I’d really like some structure and timescales etc, so to get a recommendation is great, thanks

Jade likes this.
  3. Jade

Jade Registered Users

You're welcome. I think you'll like it.

4. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi @Jade agree with you re the video. And so rehearsed that it did not seem like I was watching a dog and halndler actually learning.

There is advantage of doing the exercieses later on in a class or with a friend who has a dog. Need another dog if you are to proof stays, when other dogs are a distraction.

How did you find the push, stick and drop protocol? I thought it was brilliant.

Jade likes this.
  5. Jade

Jade Registered Users

thank you. Fortunately we have two other dogs so I've been doing training sessions with all three of them. I like the push stock drop. It's a great book.