A swirl of hair!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Rosie, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Please tell me this is nothing to worry about.... (over-anxious parent re-emerging in me here....)

Our 15 week boy Pongo has a swirl of hair on his flank - like on the crown of your head, the hair just lies in a funny direction instead of flat. I think my mother would have called it a 'cows lick'. It doesn't seem to bother him and I first noticed it a fortnight ago, but someone was commenting on it today so now I'm worried in case it is a sign of something bad...

Is this normal, folks?

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: A swirl of hair!

Dex has got 2 swirls on his chest and 2 just below and either side of his tailette!i didn't know swirls where anything to worry about ,on relation to this subject I've only seen something on a documentary that used the direction of the swirls to determine personality traits in the dog ......that's all I've got to offer I'm afraid
    Angela x

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Nothing at all to worry about :) :) :)
    They all vary a little re coats , some have a wave down the back, my Sam does , some dont . Rosie may well lose her swirl as she gets towards adulthood , but its certainly not a problem at all x

4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Totally normal!! It's the Law of Fur that they have to have swirls somewhere. Here and there fur has to meet in little waves. Obi has swirls on his elbows, chest and bottom. :)

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

The Law of Fur! I'll remember that....
    Thanks everyone....

Furry Pongo