A whole new world!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Looby Lou, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

Jack and Barney have suddenly discovered that they have very long legs and if they stand on the back two they are v v tall! Everything is now within reach so ornaments and pictures have been packed away again. Took this pic of them yesterday when they discovered that there is a whole new world outside the gate :D they had been fascinated watching our neighbour take things out to his dustbin and then they sensed when my sons came home and parked the car on the road outside as they were at the gate, bums wiggling and tails wagging when they could see them walk down the drive.

www.dropbox.com/sc/9q30l1wg02e0x3p/AADMp44I1Ldr1ZRyblzacnHga

So sweet ;D

Lou x

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Re: A whole new world!

Haha, I love the fact you say this as if they've only just worked it out! Willow's been standing against things since the day we brought her home :D

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

So lovely !
    Can't stop humming the song now! X

4. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

What a great picture!

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Fab photo :)

6. Holliesmum

Holliesmum Registered Users

Great photo

Jack and barney are not helping me in my plight to get hubby to wait until Hollie is older to get another puppy!!!!

:)

7. Looby Lou

[quote author=Holliesmum link=topic=8446.msg119452#msg119452 date=1414154512]
    Great photo

Jack and barney are not helping me in my plight to get hubby to wait until Hollie is older to get another puppy!!!!

:)
    [/quote]

Sorry Esther! And with Barney snuggled up to me asleep, and Jack snuggled up to him asleep, snoring his head off, I can't really offer any words of dissuasion....having two has it's challenges, but 90% of the time it's double the joy and double the snuggles ;D

I do have 22 year old twin boys so maybe my expertise in that is helping lol

Lou x

8. Holliesmum

Holliesmum Registered Users

We also have twins who are nearly 11 and a nearly 14 year old and to be honest having another wouldn't be all that bad.....at the minute.

I'm yet to see her when she becomes a teenager so I'm holding out as much as possible ;D

9. Looby Lou

What a coincidence! With our last labs we had one, Lizzie and got a pup Max when she was 2, she instantly behaved overnight and became mum in charge, but wasn't particularly affectionate, she tolerated him for the first few weeks, often growling at him, but he persevered and kept snuggling up to her and won her over. They were best buddies for over 11 years until we lost Max first to cancer, and then Liz 6 months later at 14. We never expected to be left without any dogs so quickly and never intended to just have one, so circumstances meant we looked for two puppies. They are from some of the same pedigree lines as Max, which we chose because of his temperament and nature, and it definitely shows.

We have yet to hit the teenage years tho, I may well be offering you a free transfer by then lol

Lou x

10. Looby Lou

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=8446.msg119430#msg119430 date=1414149401]
    Haha, I love the fact you say this as if they've only just worked it out! Willow's been standing against things since the day we brought her home :D
    [/quote]

They've done it since we brought then home too, but all of a sudden they can see over the gate, over the worktops, the sideboard...and this morning they reached the windowsill too! so it's much more interesting now!

11. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

Great photo's

Reminds me of this

[​IMG]

How do you cope with 2 of them?

12. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Aww love that pic. Funny, I've never seen Simba do this. I do emphasize "seen", though, obviously to get food off the counter he has to get up on his hind legs.... ::)

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Ah, I see. We have a low unit in the living room that Willow has always stood up against and so everything on it was moved to the back. Of course, the legs growing sneaks up on you and I wandered in after two minutes of being out of the room to find her chomping up an anniversary card :D

She's very good in the kitchen so far with understanding she'll get treats as long as she sits nicely and quietly, but I dread to think how that will change once she can see what I'm doing up there. Last night's rib of beef might have been a little too exciting for her to bear!