Acting strange...

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Rae, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Rae

Rae Registered Users

Hi everyone,
    Tom unfortunately had to have an overnight stay at the vets due to eating a handful of grapes! :(
    Since returning home last night, he's been acting strange, he kept waking up in the night which is not like him, not listening to commands, ignoring everyone and just being very bitey, jumping up at us and slightly aggressive. He is 19wks old. I am assuming it's because he is still a bit all over the place as he is young and the overnight stay happened out the blue and quickly.
    Has anybody else experienced this with their pup? Or does anyone have any tips on what to do to make him feel better. Thank you x

2. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

If he is still behaving like this I would phone the vet for advice.

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

It could be that he's just really unsettled by the sudden stay at the vet's place and everything that went with it. The whole experience was probably pretty stressful for him (as well as you!). If he's been given the all clear health-wise then I'd just give him time, try to keep to his normal consistent routine, give him plenty of quiet company, do whatever exercise the vet has said is ok, and avoid anything else that may be stressful for the next week or two.