Adult teeth

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Jacqueline Mckendrick, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Jacqueline Mckendrick

Jacqueline Mckendrick Penny and me

Ho folks
    When would a dog have all their adult teeth Penny is 6mnths now and the chewing and biting seems to have becime relentless. I am substituting skin and bone for tiys and chews but i am just a human chew toy. Ouch ouch ouch :cwl::cwl:

2. Shaz82

Shaz82 Registered Users

Hi Jacqueline,
    Maisy had hers by the time she was 6 months, you will know when she loses her puppy teeth as you will most likely find blood on things she has chewed (including other dogs she may play with!) you may find the odd tooth and there will be gaps in her mouth. Then all of a sudden, with Maisy anyway, there was a mouth full of adult teeth. I was amazed at how quickly they all grew through, though they take a while to be fully grown I think.

Unfortunately that does not mean the biting will stop - just that the teeth are not as sharp!!
    It does calm down though, maybe? o_O

Jacqueline Mckendrick likes this.
  3. Jacqueline Mckendrick

Jacqueline Mckendrick Penny and me

I can see some big ones but there is a bottom tooth at the side like a clear coloued fang (sharper and smaller) next to her larger white one looks as if it shouldnt be there its not there at the other side it looks out if place wonder if its still to come out..i will prob get it checked ..thanks

4. Shaz82

Shaz82 Registered Users

The vet removed some of Maisys when she was under anaesthetic, at the same time as she was spayed. Sometimes new ones grow and the old ones dont fall out on their own, the vets can check for you. I think this is quite common, dont worry.

5. FinnOfSoCal

FinnOfSoCal Registered Users

Finn had "doubles" for a while but they fell out on their own. I was about to get them removed at the vet because stuff would get stuck between the two teeth and I was worried he would get an infection. Thankfully I didn't have to. Just keep an eye on them!