ahem. its Bed Time

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by debsie, Aug 15, 2013.

1. debsie

debsie Registered Users

anyone got labs as aware of their bed time as me?! my two have very routine based lives and seem to like it that way. recently the have become very focused on Appropriate Bed Time. which in their minds is 9. 45. every nite within about ten mins either side of this time cuillin troops through to my bedroom. and gets on the bed. brods will follow about five mins later. then until i go through. they swap responsibility for coming to get me as well. one or the other will trot down the hall and stand in front of me in the lounge looking forlorn. had pals round at weekend and the dogs were horrified that there was so much jollity going on still at HALF PAST TEN. cuillin eventually came into the lounge for the umpteenth time and stood with her head on my lap whining. very funny and great if u have guests who are staying a bit later than u want on work nites ;D

2. tartanmouse

tartanmouse Registered Users

Re: ahem. its Bed Time

;D ;D Maybe you could teach them to get their pyjamas on, or start humming the national anthem to get rid of guests!!

That is so sweet. It's lovely that they're in a routine like that. x

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Aww...lovely. Lilly just gets up our bed in the evening and ignores us doing our stuff (actually she is up there for increasingly longer times during the day - good view out the window too)
    Come OUR bedtime she hops off the bed and through to the kitchen to supervise the "getting of the gravy bones".
    Oddly when we are actually IN bed she always waits to be invited up.
    Funny creatures :)

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Thats lovely Debsie , bless them ;D

Our two tend to settle in their beds by 8ish, devil of a job to prise them out for a last wee, especially if its raining ::)

5. David

David Registered Users

Lady has her bedtime routine too. It's called going completely deaf! She's usually zonked out on the sofa next to me and only moves when she hears the russtle of the bedtime treats bag. ;D

6. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Bedtime treats???? :eek:

7. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Yes poor prison rations Dex pricked his ears up at that too Lisa!My Mum's setter does his wee and then gets given a dog biscuit at the back door as he comes in ,with which he climbs up into his chair where he sleeps and settles down for the night....that could constitute a bedtime treat?dex gets a 'come on pops,bedtime, he walks in his cage and we close the door.....don't tell him there's another life out there...please!

8. David

David Registered Users

It's probably a really bad habit I've got Lady into but it stemmed from when we inherited her at 6 months old and basically rewarding recall to the door to go out and then a reward when she wee'd promptly (as opposed to anytime between bedtime and dawn breaking ::)).

9. Dexter

Still don't tell Dexter!he he!doing what works in your household isn't a bad habit David,it is just what works!

10. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Sorry Dexter - 6 kibble for last wee at 10.30pm - 3 for wee, 3 when tucked up in bed. (All from weighed allowance, I hasten to add! At least when I'm doing it...). Charlie has a total of 9 kibble left in his tin for today - enough to get us through mid evening wee, last wee, and bedtime.

11. Dexter

Ah Charlie ,little fella x
    Dex is feeling your POW ration pain and sends sympathies.Dex gets the amount but he is so jealous of your variety!whoop de do though Charlie.....box clever and save a wee.......then you might get a carry over of 3 kibble tomorrow!a veritable feast!he will level out just fine Julie with you keeping such a close eye on him....and your OH! Nnite !

12. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

We're on the bedtime treat programme here. TV clicking off is the herald for up and out for a wee then straight to bed for a biscuit :)

13. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

think i am missing something, jasper don't sleep in a bed, he as burst every bed i have bought,....i just get up turn the lights off and say good night,.... :)

14. debsie

debsie Registered Users

oh dear....we do bedtime treats too. stems from when they were puppies and going into crates at bedtime. and has lived on... Same as Jac, gravy bone each once all settled on bed ( ie shoved over to make room for me), Bedtime Biscuit is a well loved phrase in this household.....

15. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Don't tell Dex....but Lilly gets 4 gravy bones up on our bed before lights out.
    She has never been one for a last wee before bedtime (bladder of a camel as I said before - often doesn't go out after 7pm, particularly if its raining ::) )
    Gets her 4 gravy bones from dad up on the bed, bit of a snooze, then encouraged off our bed to her own at the bottom of the stairs when our bedside lamps go off.
    Its a tough life ;D

16. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh we are really mean, no bedtime treats here, just a cuddle on the bed then David hauls them off whilst they look at me desperate to stay, looking at me with their big brown eyes ;D off to bed they go, both got bladders like a camels :D Helen x

17. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Bedtime treats? Gravy bones on the human bed? No way am I letting Obi read this thread ;D