All About Dogs Show

Discussion in 'Events' started by charlie, Jan 22, 2017.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Just thought I would post this link as it looks like a fun dog show where your dogs can take part in various activities, there's also DOGGIE shopping :clap:. It's going to be in all different areas of the country too. We are going to the Newbury show in April :)

http://www.allaboutdogsshow.co.uk/Newbury_show_info.htm

Save 20% for online ticket booking.

Hope it's in an area near you. xx :)

Pilatelover likes this.
  2. Jyssica

Jyssica Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Aww nowere near me :( x

charlie likes this.
  3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Thanks Helen,
    Norfolk could be a possibility for me......
    Enjoy when it comes around x

charlie likes this.
  4. charlie

charlie Registered Users

We are hoping to go to this show on the 9th April, my question is should we take Charlie as he can be reactive towards some dogs which we are always working on and now with LAT? Would it be too much for him as I wouldn't want to compromise the training we are doing?

If we take Charlie, Hattie will come too :) Thanks xx

5. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Now that's a hard one to answer! At Crufts I was impressed with how the dogs in general.ignored each other and the crowds as they were walked aroundown but this is because they have been habituated to the environment by attending other shows.

I'm sure Charlie would probadly be fine, and Hattie most definitely would cope but I guess I would just say how much would you like to relax and enjoy the event and how much would you like to use the occasion as a training event for Charlie?

I would love to go but don't think disappearing again would be very popular with OH

drjs@5 and charlie like this.
  6. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Oh that looks good, the closest to me is Newbury and I happen to be in Sydney :(. OH will no doubt be pleased I won't be doing any doggie shopping :rolleyes:.

charlie likes this.
  7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

We always try hard to use every opportunity to train, but I really would like to enjoy the day. Still time to make up our minds. Thanks @Jojo83 :) xx

@Pilatelover I'm sure there's plenty of doggie shopping in Australia ;) Have a lovely time :) xx

8. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Stuff like this makes me wish I was closer to the UK! :)

For the question of whether to bring Charlie, probably only you can answer that as you know Charlie best. However, I will say that Brogan was very on-leash reactive when young. He got left behind on plenty of occasions when I took the other two with me to big crowd/dog events because I thought he'd be a nightmare.

Finally I thought, "Oh, forget it...I'm just taking him and what will be will be." And you know what? It was fine. Sure, the first few times were kind of a pain in the posterior, but then it got much better very quickly. Of course, I'd been working with him a ton beforehand and it could have just been the age where he gave up the ghost on the on-leash aggression thing, but all in all, I was kicking myself for not just taking him out sooner.

charlie likes this.
  9. Beanwood

Beanwood Moderator Forum Supporter

Ooh! Not too far away for us. Might have to bring Benson :)

charlie likes this.
  10. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Supporting Member Forum Supporter

@Pilatelover I'm sure there's plenty of doggie shopping in Australia ;) Have a lovely time :) xx[/QUOTE]

There are, she has a "Surf Dog Australia" harness in pink for the beach. Not much use living in Coventry really but it looks good when we go on our holidays. OH is coming with me this time so it will be more difficult to sneak things in the suitcase. When she was a tiny puppy I had some handmade collars sent from Melbourne to Sydney and when my son and daughter-in-law came over they bought them in their suitcase and just popped them in the cupboard. OH was never any the wiser. :D:D