American Lab Puppy Weight

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by DonnaB, Dec 4, 2020.

1. DonnaB

DonnaB Registered Users

Nellie is 12 weeks old and weighs 12.6 pounds. She looks very thin. I can see her ribs and the knobs of her hips. She eats both wet and dry food four meals daily at two cups total. Vet says she’s healthy. No parasites. At 8 weeks she weighed 9 pounds, so she is gaining.

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Donna and Nellie, welcome to the forum :)

We've got a couple of resources you can take a look at - here is a thread charting the puppy weights of lots of our members' Labs.

And this article shows that information in a graph, so you can easily compare Nellie's size to other puppies the same age.

As you can see, she's at the bottom of the range for her age, but by no means outside of it altogether.

Puppies' body shape changes a lot as they grow, and if your vet is happy with her size I'd be happy to be guided by them. But don't be embarrassed to ask for an extra check up and weigh in if you're ever worried she's not gaining weight fast enough.

3. Indiana Bones

Indiana Bones Registered Users

My American lab puppy also seems smaller for his age but is of healthy weight and idealish BCS. He is at 40lbs at 28 weeks. Was about 19lbs at 14 weeks. His mom is 55lbs and dad 60lbs.

4. Indiana Bones

Indiana Bones Registered Users

Btw we have been giving him ~1100 calories a day for his main meals and treats additionally.