Another poo thread...ugh.

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lorilou61, Aug 14, 2014.

1. lorilou61

lorilou61 Registered Users

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with loose poo in their puppies after monthly dose of Iverhart Max. Edsel had his monthly dose on Monday and started yesterday with 1-2 runny ones a day. No other changes in diet or contraband ingested that I am aware of. And seems to be his normal wild self otherwise. Was thinking of dropping him to 2 meals a day as he just hit 6 months too. Wondered if that will help.

Lori

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Another poo thread...ugh.

Sorry, no experience of Iverhart Max, just wanted to say I hope his tummy settles soon x

3. lorilou61

lorilou61 Registered Users

Thanks Naya. Saw that Harley is feeling better! Good news. And good luck! Edsel popped every stitch he had after his skin biopsies. So much for calm....

Lori

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

OK, looks like Iverhar Max contains ivermectin, pyrantel pamoate, and praziquantel
    I use Drontal plus which has praziquantel, pyrantel embonate and febantel
    So two common drugs out of the three.
    I know that Lilly has been a little loose after her wormers, and when she was younger, could be sick the day or two after her dose.
    It is certainly mentioned as a side effect in the data sheets, though exactly how common seems a little contradictory.
    I would be blaming on the wormers :-\