Any other option but to neuter dog with new council boarding rule?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Tokalosh, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Tokalosh

Tokalosh Registered Users

My local council has bought in a new rule, basically any intact male cannot be home boarded, he has been going to 1 home boarder since he was 12 months old, and he loves it there and to be honest I trust the people with my boy, where I would not some others, he goes on lovely walks every day, normally out for 2 hours and has company either with other dogs or their young kids.

I've always had my females neutered, but never my males, and I'm feeling quite torn as to what to do.
    Will having him neutered change his personality in any way ? He is not a great eater and will go all day without eating unless he gets some meat in his biscuits, is very restless all day unless we are playing with him, which is fine mostly as he comes to our office everyday, only really settles down from 7pm, almost impossible to get weight on him, he is always on the go, but such a lovely dog.
    I have no other option of people to look after him (of those that i would trust) so it's neuter him or put him in kennels, which no know he would not like, and neither would I.
    If anyone can offer advice in the neuturing aspect and how it affects the dog, j would be very grateful.