Any soft toys that can survive a heavy chewer?

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by PFSchles, Jan 8, 2020.

1. PFSchles

PFSchles Registered Users

Three year old Brady is an aggressive chewer. He is happy with stuffed frozen Kongs, stuffed bones, elk horns, and Nylabone ‘jacks’. He loves soft toys but can destroy even Tuffy toys in a few minutes. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

2. J.D

J.D Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I have spent a lot of money trying to find something and failed. More expensive toys that say they are tuffer usually aren’t or they are so hard he has no interest in them.
    Toby’s sole aim with a soft toy is to remove the squeaker and the stuffing. He doesn’t stop until he has. Usually about 30 minutes! I now buy 50p toys from the charity shop if anything.

3. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

We find the unstuffed soft toys seem to last longer than the stuffed ones, but for really strong chewers even these don't last forever unfortunately!

4. Christina2807

Christina2807 Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Luna loves to chew and play with her soft kong toy, she has had this since she came home at 8 weeks on 6th August and it is still going strong. She is coming into season just now and this goes everywhere with her.

https://www.kongcompany.com/cozie-rosie-rhino

5. Ruth Buckley

Ruth Buckley Registered Users

We have 2 Wainwrights soft toys ( a duck and a squirrel) much loved and still going strong after nearly a year. Might be because he's a bit older now and I also preemptively removed the little tag with washing instructions etc which is what he targets first.

Christina2807 likes this.
  6. LoopyLuna

LoopyLuna Registered Users

I've given up on soft toys. I'm in awe of owners whose dogs still have the toys they started with at 8 weeks, that just carry them around. Right from a teeny pup, Luna's toys have only ever lasted about half an hour and like @J.D her sole aim is to find the squeaker! The ones that have lasted longest are the Kong Knots toys and the goDog range take longer to chew through.

We only ever use soft toys to give to her when guests arrive because she'll inevitably just carry them around in her mouth to calm her excitement down, rather than sit and chew them. For chewing the only toy that's lasted her whole life is a Kong bone (it's a blue one with embossed writing on it) and she loves the texture of it. It's chewy but doesn't break or get sharp.