Are silver labs real labs?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by John424242, Feb 14, 2019.

1. John424242

John424242 Registered Users

Hi guys im just wondering if any of you know if silver labs are real. i know there is an article for this on the labrador site, but the article didnt have a yes or no answer. also have any of you had a silver lab? thank you!

2. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi @John424242

If you reside in Australia the answer is no. The Australian National Kennel Council will not accept them as a Labrador Retriever. Whether that's crucial, I leave that up to you.

3. WillowA

WillowA Registered Users

There are some for sale on a website close to my home UK they state they are KC they are more expensive than traditional Labs.
    I personally think they have been crossed at some time with weimaraners how else would you get a silver Lab after all the years they have been around.
    Check with your Kennel club in your country to see if they are accepted.
    I like the traditional colours.

4. John424242

John424242 Registered Users

I agree. it sounds likely that they were a weimaraner cross. i dont have anything against them but it sounds silly to charge more for a dog just because of its color. i was just wondering because the other day i met someone who had a silver lab

5. Edp

Edp Registered Users

If you do a search in the bar at the top right ..pop in Silver...you will get lots of threads and links to articles on this topic...in the UK they cost a ridiculous amount of money.....