argh!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Rolokris, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Rolokris

Rolokris Registered Users

How can 2 days be so different? Yesterday Rolo was so good, so calm so nice to be around. Today he has spent the majority of the day in time out! and it makes me feel so guilty and I worry about how he must be feeling. He has so much energy. I have taken him on 3 x18 minute walks played footie with him 3 times just to try and calm him down. He has had the increased amount of food, 80% of the manufacturers recommend amount 2 doses of his medication for his tummy and if tomorrow is the same as today there will be a 15 week old chocolate labrador for sale. Lol. I was dreading being without him whilst he is at the groomers now I'm looking forward to some peace and quite. I know this sounds ridiculous what did I expect having a puppy but it's not just the endless energy it's the constant biting and nipping.

Please let tomorrow be better.

Kris.

2. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Re: argh!

Oh dear, sending sympathy and hugs your way. Tomorrow will be better!! And in a few months time all the biting and nipping will be a distant memory. Hope your break was long enough to refresh your batteries.... :)

3. Rue7514

Rue7514 Registered Users

This sounds EXACTLY like me 6-8 weeks ago. Rue was almost unbearable some days. Constant biting, neverending energy/go go go nonstop, didn't sleep through the night, and didn't listen to much of anything we said. I was miserable, if we're being honest.

The 16 week to 4 month mark is when things really turned around (I think you read my thread about this), so you aren't far from that! She is an absolute delight now and has matured so much in the last few weeks. Life is a lot easier and we're able to do so much more with her now. She still has her off days here and there, but I'm enjoying this calm period before the teenage years.

Also, Rolo should start losing his teeth in the next couple of weeks, and that will make a big difference in the biting.

Hang in there. You will make it! I so know how you're feeling.

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

The great thing about the forum is you can come on when you have a success and we all cheer!Hurray!
    Or
    You can come on and have a right good moan about your Demon Dog when it's a bad day and we will all sympathise .Whatever has got you down,at least one of us will have been through it and survived!
    This is a tough stage,it will pass, you will survive and you will be back in love with Rolo before you know it xxx

5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

They are not puppies at this age - they are crazy crocodiles!!

Their biting is play - they just have to learn not to do it to humans!

Here is how they play together. All is very friendly and playful, but it looks very scary!!

Even two adult dogs play snapping and bitey face - it's a sign that they are great friends, they don't do it with just any dog :) My two are five months and 18 months here.

[​IMG]

6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I love the wrinkly nose! Ruby, Willow's mum, does that to say hello in the morning when she's let out of her crate. It's so cute :D

7. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Benson and Casper play bitey faces with each other, it is so cute :). When Benson gets a bit excited and makes the weirdest highest pitched squeaky noises! :) :)

8. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Just hang in there Kris. And don't feel guilty, you are giving your puppy a wonderful upbringing and you do need a break too sometimes - being in time out will not hurt him even if he gives you those puppy eyes and doesn't always understand what's going on.

This will pass!