At the Beach!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by LillyLab, Dec 2, 2013.

1. LillyLab

LillyLab Registered Users

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: At the Beach!

Oh Sophie, thats lovely , bless her, now I am disappointed that you didnt get in there with Lilly ;D

3. LillyLab

it was a bit chilly.... lol

4. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

She's in fabulous shape! Must admit though, I felt cold just watching her...
    Clare

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

That's wonderful! She is having fun! Who says she's not a retriever? Get her to give you the stick before she shakes and she's ready for grade 3! ;D ;D ;D Good girl Lily!

6. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I envy you being on such a beautiful beach and having such a happy dog. However, a cautionary tale, an aquaintance threw a white plastic ball which the dog couldn't get in his mouth, so it kept being pushed further and further out to sea, with the dog swimming after it, the dog nearly drowned and the chap almost had a heart attack! He eventually managed to get the dog back, but it was a close call.

7. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Looks like great fun!! Well done Lily!!

8. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Fabulous!!! :D

Obi got very excited, hearing your voices, and is now demanding a retrieving game with a rawhide chew....

9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Stacia, that did occur to me - if she couldn't find it would she keep swimming?.....hmmmm.....
    Also, I know it is a stick, but with Lilly's retrieving habit it just isn't worth doing it with a ball or safestix - it would have normally have been floating off to Bonnie Dundee ;D

10. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh Lilly you look fab and what a beautiful stretch of beach - lucky girlies ;D

11. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

What a fabulous beach and what fun Lilly is having :D

Bet your hand was cold throwing that wet stick! I always get freezing hands in everything but hot summer(UK hot obviously!) when Riley is retrieving out of water.

12. LillyLab

My hand wasn't that cold actually! It was just sandy, and now has a big scar down it from when she kind of jumped on it and just broke the skin a tiny bit...

13. Karen

Karen Registered Users

That is a lovely, lovely film! :D

14. Reuben

Reuben Registered Users

Great vid. I love it when the wave catches them and they almost surf it home. I'm always a bit worried throwing things out to far. We have a lot of strong currents on our local beaches and sometimes the conditions are much too rough. This dog could be ours, the way she moves and retrieves. Reuben was scared of the sea at first, but we gradually coaxed him in. Now he bolts for the sea every time we take him.

15. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Its actually a pretty safe beach ;D
    No way would we have done this when we went to the west coast on holidays - no idea what the beaches were like under the surf.

16. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Wow it looks like a beautiful day,I know cold but gorgeous allthe same,Lilly looks fabulous ...and I love her surfing in on that last wave ;D
    Stacia,something else to make my heart stop on our surreptitious swims :eek:......Dexter isn't an obsessive retriever ,last time we went I just threw shells and he went as far as he could see the plop....he's not even interested enough to stick his head in :).....thankfully ...... After one beach trip my friends lab and spaniel nearly ended up on iv drips after all the salt water the sucked up bringing back balls ....