Baby dan cupboard door locks

Discussion in 'Using the bargains and best buys section' started by JulieT, Jun 7, 2014.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Probably a post for dog owners who don’t have kids! Those with kids have, presumably, long since sorted out restricting access to the bleach.

My boy, at 15 months, searches constantly for things to pick up and carry. He has recently discovered that things are kept inside cupboards - and cupboards can be opened by pulling with a paw and sticking a nose in the gap. ::) So his career opportunities as a thief have expanded.

All food is out of reach, but two low cabinets contain cleaning stuff. Rather than move it all, or worry all the time, I bought baby dan cupboard locks for less than £3.

Super easy to stick on, seem to have stayed very well stuck on, appear robust, very easy to open, and more importantly even easier to close (so people actually do close them). Don't look too terrible.

Very pleased with them.

[​IMG]baby dan 1 by JulieTandCharlie, on Flickr

[​IMG]baby dan 2 by JulieTandCharlie, on Flickr

He still nicks the pans though! More baby dan locks on order...

pippa@labforumHQ likes this.
  2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Baby dan cupboard door locks

Lol, they look good ;)

3. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute Forum Supporter

Are the ones that go on the inside of the door available in the UK? The latches that let you open the door a couple of inches and then release the latch.

4. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

Ripple is a great cupboard and drawer opener :rolleyes:, I could do with some locks - however, these look as if they are on the outside at Labrador chewing height. Is that right? If so they wouldn't work for me.:(

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

You can fit them wherever you want on the cupboard or draw, so if you have tall cupboards you could fit them at the top. But if you have short cupboards, yes, the dog could chew them. Charlie has never paid them any attention though.

6. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Think I will be needing some of those...:nod:

7. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

Could be useful for my larder then :), I'll have a think about my other drawers and cupboards.

8. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie is a champion chewer, but has never bothered with them. They are pretty boring, stuck on a cupboard. It's not like they are things that are readily chewable (like the top of skirting boards :rolleyes: ).

I decided on these because I am hopeless at any form of diy and these required the simple step of peeling off the backing strip and sticking them on the cupboards! Even I could manage that....