Baby gate? No problem......

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by CDM, May 22, 2015.

1. CDM

CDM Registered Users

Ha Bella has mastered opening the baby gate if it's not fully clicked!! My pup is too clever for her own good!!!!! Note to self... Always click baby gate lever fully.., if I don't I could come home to carnage :)

2. BeataK

BeataK Registered Users

Some of them are really too clever :D

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Clever Bella! :)

When we were staying with friends last week, the dogs were kept downstairs by means of a baby gate. Fabulous. Until I went through it to go upstairs and Shadow just jumped over it to follow me. I swear he's part kangaroo, that boy.

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Nothing is sacred ;)

5. JohnG

JohnG Registered Users

Hahaha Gemma did this too. I thought I could get away with leaving the stair gate unlocked for short durations, I could to begin with but it only took her about a fortnight to figure out how put her muzzle through the bars to pull it open :)

6. punky1991

punky1991 Registered Users

my grandma gave me a baby gate she had for her little dogs but she got rid of them my 10 week old puppy can climb over it

7. CDM

CDM Registered Users

Well I call it a baby gate it's a toddler / dog gate so much higher as she probably could scale a normal baby gate now :)

8. punky1991

this is supposed to be for children up to 25 months lol

9. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

A
    Dexter was the same...he cleared it twice to my knwledge ,both times with encouragement from naughty visitors...be be fair he did look at me when he did it as if to say 'what just happened?'
    I'm chuckling writing that.....maybe he did it all the time? Maybe it didn't take him 18 months to get in the couch?Maybe every time I left he'd clear the gate,lounge on the couch and then swiftly put himself back when he heard my car return I wouldn't put it past my Yellow Fellow! X

10. chrism

chrism Registered Users

We have no problem with Sara jumping over our baby gate. She respects that it's an area of the house we don't want her in. She's very good that way.
    Or maybe it's the old grumpy cat on the other side. She's afraid of that cat. :D

11. punky1991

Roxie has been attacked by a momma cat a few times and still wants to play with the cats lol

12. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

Penny has no problem jumping a baby gate, it's child's play to her hahaha! We had to go out and buy a specific 'pet gate' which is extra tall at 1.3m. She managed to get over it the first night we put it up but I think it gave her a bit of a fright as it was so tall and she hasn't done it since!!