Bad breeder

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Hooch1974, Jul 21, 2018.

?

Advice on bad breeder

1. Anyone with similar issues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ocd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hooch1974

Hooch1974 Registered Users

Hi I'm new to this site after some advice. We purchased a lab last year from a good breeder I thought. So we followed all the rules with regards to exercise etc this is our 3rd lab anyway he developed a limp at 6 months in his front leg and also his back right we went straight to vets told crate rest for 2 weeks if no better come back. Anyway he the developed stiffness on rising so he had xrays which showed he has developed OCD in both hocks and changes in his elbows. Was given pain relief and strict cage rest for 3 months. Cut a long story short he didn't improve so we got referred to supervets he has 4 bad legs elbow dysplasia and OCD in both hocks. When we purchased him I signed sale if contract have contacted breeder asking for refund has letter back today blaming us for his conditions over exercising him etc he was slightly overweight but he's now a healthy 36kg she has offered money back if we return him because we are making him suffer. We have done everything in our power to help him it is a 10 hour drive for us to see supervets. I am in contact with another person who has an older lab with the same condition but different places. My boy is only 14 months anybody had similar issue and any advice to take matter further. Hope this makes sensex

2. PerthLab

PerthLab Registered Users

Hi there
    I have a very similar story to you. I did all my research and got my dog from a breeder. At 13 months of age our beuatiful Maggie's left hip dislocated when she was scooting back after going to the toilet. What followed was a total hip replacement after a failed closed reduction. Maggie's also had patella luxation - picked up when I'd only had her for 4 weeks. The hip surgery exentuated this problem so she had patella luxation surgery in August.
    Up until the hip luxation i'd had a great relationship with the breeder. He was then awful - said it was my fault for 'over exercising her' - we did not. I actually bumped in to a lady on holiday who had also got a dog from this breeder and the dog had hip displacia. The breeder had assured me there were no cases in the line.
    I hope your boy is doing well.