Banana B'oats

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by caroleb, Dec 15, 2011.

1. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

I've made a batch of these to take my friend Sally who's lab puppy arrived yesterday - I can't wait to see her and if you're reading this Sally why haven't you posted an intro and a picture of Gracie yet? I hope you're not reading this yet as it'll have spoiled the surprise ;D

my boys like these - not as much as the mackeral ones but the kitchen sure smells nicer afterwards and the cinamon makes it quite Christmassy

9oz rice flour (or ordinary plain flour if your dog is ok with wheat)
    4oz rolled oats
    1 banana
    1 egg
    2 oz water
    1 teaspoon cinamon (not just for flavour it is highly nutritious)

this recipe is ideal for using up an over ripe banana.

blend the egg, water and banana together then add the oats gradually. Then add the flour gradually to make a soft dough. If you want to roll it you may need to add some more flour. Else you can spoon little balls onto a baking tray. This time I added a bit more flour and rolled out thinly to cut into shapes.

bake in oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are a golden brown.

allow to cool

keep in an airtight container or in a labrador.

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Re: Banana B'oats

Thanks for sharing the recipe Carole, it sounds yummy! Please let me know if your friend is having any trouble registering on the forum. We have put some new anti-spam measures in place which have been very successful at stopping robots registering - but we don't want to stop real people joining!

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

they sound good enough to eat and I'm not talking about how Riley will like them ! I feel some afternoon baking coming on :)

4. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

They're a bit dry for humans! I forgot to credit that I got that recipe from the organic dog biscuit recipe book