Barking when left alone in crate

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Fwhitt246, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Fwhitt246

Fwhitt246 Registered Users

Hi everyone,

Murphy is 4.5 months old now and doing really well. Up until 5 minutes ago I have been happy leaving him for up to 2.5 hours in his crate and any more than that with a 30 minute visit from a dog walker. He always settles nicely with a kong when I leave him and he is never barking when anyone arrives home, if we sneak up on him to see what he's doing through the backdoor he is nearly always asleep. HOWEVER I have just been informed by my neighbour that nearly every time he is left he barks for about half an hour, she says he doesn't sound distressed but now I am really worried about leaving him. As I've said we had no reason to believe that there is a problem when he's left but now I am worried that there is.

What should I do? :(
    Thanks in advance x

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: Barking when left alone in crate

How worrying for you - can you try observing this yourself? Eg go out as normal, but perhaps go to your neighbours? Or just into the street?

I went out of the house, stood in the street for a few minutes, loads of times to try get it in Charlie's head that me leaving meant kongs and I would be back before he knew it. I've started doing it again recently as I've spent so much time with him recently but now need to go back to work. I don't know if this helps, or he would be fine anyway...makes me feel better though! Neighbours think I'm quite nuts.... ;D