Been away for 6 days

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Helen, May 30, 2014.

1. Helen

Helen Registered Users

Me and hubby have just come back from 5 days in NYC, our son and 4 month old puppy went to his nan and grandads it was almost like having a different puppy when we got back i didn't need to put a toy in his mouth when seeing him to prevent him bitting me, instead he was like a different pup on the bitting front i was really surprised he has lost his top front teeth, he seems to have grown so much as well, we took him for a walk over the cricket pitch last night and he was pulling a lot on his lead but i just put it down to not going to his usual stomping ground since we had been away and it had been raining and he does normally pull a bit, it was nice to see him running around as he normally sticks very close to us for the treats, then i took him for a short walk today and my god all the training walking to heel has gone out of the window he pulled something rotten he wasn't interested in the treats i had, guess it's back to basics and some extra tasty treats to get that back under control. So nice to be back home with Buster and my son of course :) he finished puppy training last week, now he starts life skills training tonight.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Been away for 6 days

Oh yes, the " best behaviour for Grannie and Grandad " scenario :)
    This is very common Helen , they go a bit quiet and even subdued because their routine has changed and then, when its all reinstated , you get the devil puppy back again :) :)
    You do right to take him right back to basics again , he will soon make up ground, hope you had a lovely time away :)

3. Helen

Helen Registered Users

And there was me thinking we have turned a corner with Buster :) there was i thinking my 14 year old son had done really well keeping up with the training and keeping his grandparents in check. Nice tasty treats should do the trick, the trip was lovely but so nice to be back with my boys :).

4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Glad you had a good trip :) and good luck with a Buster going back to basics ;)

5. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

In the same boat.

Due to family commitments I haven't been around to train Molly for a few days.

Little ***. So disheartening.

So shoulders back and back to basics