Behaviour change at 2YO?

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by SteveF, Aug 30, 2015.

1. SteveF

SteveF Registered Users

Murphy is just coming up to 2 years old and in the last 10 days or so has really calmed down :eek:. Around the house he now relaxes by my feet instead of pacing around looking for mischief, he now ignores other dogs, especially small ones, in short his whole demeanour is "relaxed" Is this a "normal" part of maturing or can I expect some regression?

Steve.

2. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Sounds as if Murphy is all grown up

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I do remember an almost light-switch change in behaviour with Lilly, around 2 or 2.5
    I think they can still have silly turns, but keep up with all your positive reinforcement of good behaviour or he may regress LOL

4. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

I noticed a change for the slightly calmer in my dog at about two and a half. He's now three and 3 months and acted like a complete lunatic puppy on his walk in the countryside while we are all on holiday. Somehow it's fun to see that he's still got it in him to go bounding off across a field as long as the field does not contain sheep or cows!

5. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That sound normal. We've had three Labs and they all settled down between two and three years old.

6. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Oh good, so I've only got 18 months - 2 years to go