Being sick in the night

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by JenBainbridge, May 11, 2018.

1. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Hi Guys,

Another worry with Stanleys health :rolleyes:

3 nights this past week he’s been sick in the night. This morning I came down to 4 piles. He used to be sick bile in the night so I gave him some supper before bed and that cleared it up but this is actual sick.

He’s completely fine in himself, bouncing around, poos are fine, eating and drinking happily. I don’t think it would even be that he’s eating anything because OH took him out for his last walk at about 4pm yesterday so that’s a long time for something to reappear.

I’m wondering if he’s got a bug or something? Any ideas?

2. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

JenBainbridge likes this.
  3. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I've got no experience of this, but if he's otherwise ok I would just wait and see. Please give him a cuddle from me, I hope that he feels better soon.

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I was going to suggest supper, then read that you`d already sorted this , and that is proper sick, not bile . I think I`d be inclined to have a chat with your Vet Jen, as its been three nights, give them a call and good luck with Stanley xx

5. JenBainbridge

What I’m finding weird is that it hasn’t been 3 nights in a row.

It was last Friday, then Monday night and last night.

I think I’ll give him a couple of days and see how it goes. When I came down this morning he was just happily wagging his tail and wanting his breakfast and morning walk.

He’s always such a worry that pup :rolleyes::D

6. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

It doesn't sound that much like a bug since it's not in the daytime either and poos are fine. I didn't know dog bugs were a thing until Quinn caught one from a dog that was staying with us, who had the exact symptoms she had, just a day sooner. It was diarrhea and puking consistently for a few days and they were both less energetic and slept more and then just bounced back quickly.

I would watch and wait, because Quinn pukes like that when she has eaten something weird and it hasn't come up yet. I usually call my vet though, because I call and ask about everything :oops:

7. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Rory had the same sort of thing a few days ago poops fine wanting to eat but puking about an hour after his evening meal. I took him to the gets and everything was fine. We put it down to the stress of recent events. He seemed stressed. The vet gave him an injection to stop him being sick. He's been fine he just had a bit of slightly strange poop. Im still not sure it was something he ate or stress giving him some colitis like symptoms

8. Cath

Cath Registered Users

You could always give your vet a phone call and see what they say. Hope Stanley is soon back to his normal happy self xx

9. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Is it just regurgitated kibble and water? Or is it digested food and such?

Axel will regurgitate piles of kibble and act completely normal after. The last time he had done so many piles that he burst a blood vessel and there was blood in about 3 or 4 of the 7 piles.

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Can it be blamed on recent wormer? Often does it to Lilly.
    Poor boy.

11. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Poor Stanley :( I really hope it clears up very soon. Wormers can affect Charlie but not Hattie, they are so sensitive. xxx Hugs to Stanley and you Jen :hug::hug:

12. JenBainbridge

Thanks everyone :)

He’s completely fine in himself, you would not know there was anything wrong at all - his usual happy self so I’m not too concerned.

Spoke to OH and we’ve agreed that if he’s sick anymore it’s off to the vets for him. I just asked him if he wanted his tea and he almost pee’d his pants so his appetite definitely isn’t affected :rolleyes::D

13. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

Finn had this when I gave him dewormer and anti tick together....never one this again....

14. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Does your OH need to see a GP :D x

15. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

And a urologist? :D

16. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Definitely be heading off toot sweet! :D x

snowbunny likes this.
  17. JenBainbridge

Oh Stanleys been sick again last night :( the night before he was a bit but it was just bile and when I asked OH he hadn’t given him any supper.

It just seems so strange.. he’s completely fine through the day. Played with Basil all day yesterday. I don’t understand what’s happening on a night. I’m tempted to sleep on the couch with him tonight to see what time it is/ if anything happens etc. But he’s going to the vets tomorrow.

I’m even more worried because we go on holiday on Friday and I don’t want to leave him when he’s not well :(

SwampDonkey likes this.
  18. SwampDonkey

Are getting ready to go are you packing etc? There's a real stress element with Rory's sickness. Maybe yes worked out something's going on? Is he eating a lot if grass?

19. JenBainbridge

No I’m very last minute so nothings any different. He does eat grass but he always does. I’m just going to have to keep a really close eye on him today, lead walks only and no unsupervised in the garden. They I can say for sure he’s not eating anything :oops:

SwampDonkey likes this.
  20. SwampDonkey

It's worrying when they have something like this hope it goes well at the vets. Rory's been sick again but he's upset at the moment so at least i know why it's happening.