Bella's holiday- so proud!!!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by CDM, Feb 15, 2015.

1. CDM

CDM Registered Users

So we've been in Filey this weekend which was great! Bella loved the beach .... Licked the sand at first, but won't make that mistake again ha!!! She also let my friend film us doing all of the tricks she has learnt - so proud , I've sent it to everyone! Wish there was a way to upload on here!!!!

She was funny re toilet tho, held on longer than usual wouldn't wee for ages... New territory maybe and only did the 'I'm desperate so I'll go poo' so lots of walks round and round until she went ha. Met lots of other dogs..she gets a bit carried away tho and slaps both paws on dogs heads/ faces - some who don't like it ( I'm guessing that's normal for a pup tho) I let her say hello when gentle but have started to gently pull her back when paws get slapped ( due to a few doggy growls and owners looks) so hoping she'll soon learn gentle means more 'say hello' time?

Got caught short on the beach........forgot my poo bag , doh, and she decided to do a stinker .... :-[ tissue at the ready ... Then toilet and wash hands before I ate my fish and chips on the sea front ;D

We went to the pub last night for a bit of karaoke and 'Andrex puppy' was the talk of the town ;D so proud! She even settled down for naps on the wooden floor and didn't want to leave!!! She slept on a dog bed on a bed last night ( not crated) and didn't make a sound until 7.25am when I awoke to her sat watching me!

Did I mention how much I LOVE my fur baby?? ;D ;D

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Re: Bella's holiday- so proud!!!!

Aw, what a beautiful post :)

3. Wendy68

Wendy68 Registered Users

So glad you had a great weekend, i love Filey, lived there briefly once. Great beach! Have yet to get Izzy to beach, work is taking over at moment. She was at home with my OH most of the weekend and had no accidents whats so ever, until i came in from work today and i allegedly let her wee on my other dogs bed! So im in the dog house as well as Izzy!

4. CDM

CDM Registered Users

5. maisiesmomma

maisiesmomma Registered Users

[quote author=CDM link=topic=9909.msg143816#msg143816 date=1424025608]
    Met lots of other dogs..she gets a bit carried away tho and slaps both paws on dogs heads/ faces - some who don't like it ( I'm guessing that's normal for a pup tho) I let her say hello when gentle but have started to gently pull her back when paws get slapped ( due to a few doggy growls and owners looks) so hoping she'll soon learn gentle means more 'say hello' time?

[/quote]

Maisie likes to do this too! In fact we just met a boxer while out on our walk, I asked if they could say hello, the other owner says "yes but he is exuberant!" and I was like so is she! The boxer used the exact same tactic, both paws sort of slapping on the heads/faces… Maisie played but kind of had a look on her face like "oh… wow… he's a lot bigger than me… and he's doing the slapping thing too… hmm!" I was like "yes that is how other little dogs feel when you try to do that to them!"

I use gentle too and praise for nice meetings or good behaviour (I especially praise when she leaves them alone on her own, as that is hard for her!) and say gentle, etc. If she needs to be removed (either playing too rough or not respecting the dog not wanting to play), I say "too much!" and she has started to learn this means come away and have a settle down, and possibly try again if she calms down.

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday! Too funny about her licking the sand at first and the incident with the poo-tissue!

6. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah I'd love to go on holiday with my doggie,sounds like you had a brill time,what's Bella's favourite karaoke song 'Pups just wanna have fun?' ;D

7. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Or "Who Let The Dogs Out" ;D

Sounds like she was an angel and loved the attention of her adoring fans :)

8. CDM

CDM Registered Users

[quote author=maisiesmomma link=topic=9909.msg143836#msg143836 date=1424038830]
    [quote author=CDM link=topic=9909.msg143816#msg143816 date=1424025608]
    Met lots of other dogs..she gets a bit carried away tho and slaps both paws on dogs heads/ faces - some who don't like it ( I'm guessing that's normal for a pup tho) I let her say hello when gentle but have started to gently pull her back when paws get slapped ( due to a few doggy growls and owners looks) so hoping she'll soon learn gentle means more 'say hello' time?

[/quote]

Maisie likes to do this too! In fact we just met a boxer while out on our walk, I asked if they could say hello, the other owner says "yes but he is exuberant!" and I was like so is she! The boxer used the exact same tactic, both paws sort of slapping on the heads/faces… Maisie played but kind of had a look on her face like "oh… wow… he's a lot bigger than me… and he's doing the slapping thing too… hmm!" I was like "yes that is how other little dogs feel when you try to do that to them!"

I use gentle too and praise for nice meetings or good behaviour (I especially praise when she leaves them alone on her own, as that is hard for her!) and say gentle, etc. If she needs to be removed (either playing too rough or not respecting the dog not wanting to play), I say "too much!" and she has started to learn this means come away and have a settle down, and possibly try again if she calms down.

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday! Too funny about her licking the sand at first and the incident with the poo-tissue!
    [/quote]

It's defo a boxer trait too as my mums dog always used to do that... It's getting better with age ;D

I'll keep persevering, thanks ;D

9. CDM

CDM Registered Users

[quote author=Oberon link=topic=9909.msg143861#msg143861 date=1424072385]
    Or "Who Let The Dogs Out" ;D

Sounds like she was an angel and loved the attention of her adoring fans :)
    [/quote]

Ha ha she was too busy getting fussed being all ' yes I know I'm beautiful, give us a treat!'

10. Naya

Naya Registered Users

So nice to read :D

11. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Sounds as if you had a lovely time.

12. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=Oberon link=topic=9909.msg143861#msg143861 date=1424072385]