Best Toys For Lab Puppy

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Annmarie Betts, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Annmarie Betts

Annmarie Betts Registered Users

What can I get for my puppy to play with, She loves a squeaky ball and chew bones. She doesn't seem interested in any tug toys at present and sometimes gets into mischief because she is bored - Thanks

Jade likes this.
  2. Jade

Jade Registered Users

Kongs are great. For example, you can fill them with mashed banana,peanut butter and a bit of kibble and freeze it. This will keep her busy for awhile. There are also great balls that you fill with treats that fall out as the dog plays with it. Our dogs love rope toys with a ball attached to it.

Sabine74 likes this.
  3. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi @Jade, although they are expensive (at least in Australia) you might be interested in the toys made by nina ottosson. The puzzles are graduated in degree of difficulty. https://www.nina-ottosson.com

Jade likes this.
  4. Jade

Jade Registered Users

Thank you. I'll check it out.

5. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

More training with you! Instead of buying puzzles for a puppy to solve, if you spend time training your puppy, YOU are an ever-evolving treat dispensing station which changes requirements constantly and is ever-interesting....

Any toy or game is a poor substitute because it only requires a limited set of behaviours for reinforcement to occur....