Best Types of Beds

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Lee Bell, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Lee Bell

Lee Bell Registered Users

Hi everyone, just out of curiosity what type of beds have your labs got? Indy is one, a typical male lab in behaviour. He has been de-crated now however he still likes to sleep in his crate at night.(door open) I however, want my kitchen back and a 42" crate takes up a lot of room. Any ideas? I'm not sure what would be best as a large plastic bed would be chewed within a few hours of boredom and a soft cushion one would become his new girlfriend (to put it politely), What have others used? I don't want to take it away before he is ready but if I can get one I can slowly start introducing it.

Thanks

2. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Juno has a large soft cushion bed in the lounge for her to curl up in and has a large cushion style memory foam bed in the kitchen. Had no problem switching her from the crate to the cushion style of bed and she was already used to the soft foam bed in the lounge. Not had a chewing problem at all, but then she has never been a chewer and was de-crated at 8 months.

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sam also has a very large cushion , he adores it, but he also adores the sofa next to me ;)

4. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Ella has a roundish soft fluffy one with cushion sides. She likes the sides as she often likes to prop her head up on them when she sleeps. She's a girl so doesn't exhibit any type of "girlfriend affection" that Indy might

Our friend's lab has to sleep in a plastic bed as he destroys everything else but Ella has her soft fluffy bed with a blanket in it (that we fluff up nicely for her every night and rotate with clean one every couple of days) and she also has her big butterfly pillow that came from her breeder and she still likes to snuggle with and so far hasn't shown any signs of wanting to destroy any of them!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am also looking for an upgrade at the moment as Ella's outgrowing this bed so I'm interested to see what others say ☺

5. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[​IMG]

This is a memory foam from Orvis ( when they had a Sale on!) ...... Cost a blummin fortune and note it's empty state! He chooses to sleep there if there is no one sitting on the couch...if one of us sits down up he comes....a bit like Ella he does like the raised sides to prop his head up on....
    Also to mention, I dogs sit for friends...all different breeds....no one brings their beds with them now ,they just pile into Dexter's......humans give it the seal of approval too!

6. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Wow Dexter that is a luxurious looking bed! I'd better not show Ella

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Orvis beds here too - Charlie has one the same as Angela's Dexter and a slightly different one (which isn't quite as good, I think). I love them, and Charlie loves them - but they are really pricey! I can't see me buying more, I reckon they'll last for future dogs too....

[​IMG]relaxing by julieandcharlie julieandcharlie, on Flickr

8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

This is Gypsy modelling our best value bed.

It's excellent, has a waterproof inner and two covers and only cost £18! http://tinyurl.com/ne38vag

We have a wolfy bed and plastic bed too, they both love the plastic bed and often both squeeze in it :)The wolfy bed is very nice but hard to wash - I wouldn't get another.

[​IMG]

Twiglet and Tatze in the plastic bed.

[​IMG]

9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Plastic beds here with lovely fleece fitted liners and cushions for extra comfort :)

Orvis beds are very expensive, for a less expensive good quality option go to www.dogdoza.co.uk they have lovely memory foam dog beds of all different kinds and there's a sale on plus free delivery, can't go wrong :D x

10. Lee Bell

Lee Bell Registered Users

Hmmm we have bought Indy several lovely cushion beds he loved them as a pup but then he began getting his teeth and so far if it can fit in his mouth then he will chew it. I bought a lovely big cushion bed and had to put it out of his way for a few months as he gave it too much affection, we had people stay with him dog sitting for a weekend and he destroyed it the first night. I think we will have to go plastic with some nice blankets. There are some lovely beds out there but its a waste of money if he destroys them. He does love the sofa though he sleeps in the kitchen at night when he cant be supervised. ill have a look at some of the links thanks everyone. I think I picked the chewer lol all yours look like angles next to mine haha! x

11. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Mine have a choice of the plastic bed with a couple pieces of vetbed or the Hi K9. Lucan (lab) prefers the Hi K9 as he loves to spread out full length and gets too hot in the plastic bed.