Bestest Thing in the Whole World

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by David, Aug 5, 2013.

1. David

David Registered Users

Small Black Dog says some dogs like fox pooh and some like bird pooh; others go into transports over dead animals, but the bestest, BESTEST BESTEST thing in the whole wide world is a sloughed off grass snake skin. To do it justice one has to sample the delights of it's smell, wag tail vigourously, drop shoulder onto it and sliiiiiide. Repeat for other shoulder then do a diving slide on it at least 3 times end each one with legs in the air running as fast as we can.

WONDERFUL!

Yours,

Lady
    AKA Small Black Dog

2. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

Re: Bestest Thing in the Whole World

I am beginning to recognise the frantic sniffing, pawing then the dip now. ???

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Thankfully we haven't come across one of them (as far as I know)

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Dear pretty Lady

I haven't come across dead snake skins yet, they sound brill!

The bestest thing in my world so far is frogs! When she who must sometimes be obeyed (swmsbo) takes me to pee on her best lavender plants, we go through swmsbo's veg garden - and she lets me jump all over her pumpkin and rhubarb plants chasing frogs. It's really great. I found a small one in my water bucket and it took me ages to catch - nearly had to splash all the water out before I managed it. I know swmsbo enjoyed it too because she kept egging me on in an increasingly high pitched voice.

I think you're really pretty and I'm not too young for dates (even though BORING swmsbo says I am). Can I have your number?

Yours, Charlie
    AKA "Jesus Christ Charlie Stop" by swmsbo

5. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hopefully grass snake skin has a scent undetectable to the human nose....

Did you let her bring it home? ;)

Charlie, how could you chase the poor little defenceless froggie? :)

6. David

David Registered Users

Dear Charlie,

The frogs sound great to play with. I think I'll have a root around in the pond tomorrow, but I need to do it in secret 'cos "He" says I can't - something to do with black mud on the carpet which "He" can't see until it's too late because my legs are black too.

I'd love to speak on the phone, Charlie, but I'm not allowed to use it ever since I got caught having an epensive video call with my bro' Milo. We'll have to Tweet - what's your #tag, Charlie.

You are definitely not too young - I think you are really handsome!

Love,

Small Black Dog
    xx

7. David

David Registered Users

LADY - get off the computer now!

8. Oberon

Lady has a mobile phone and a Twitter account?

9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

;D ;D ;D
    Should we have a dating section on the forum? ;)

10. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Sorry about that guys, I've locked Charlie's iPad up now, he knows that he is not allowed on forums! ::)

11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I would think this is weird - except my sister's dog Ollie sends me texts sometimes... ::)

BUT I have to say I am deeply disapproving Julie of letting Charlie chase and catch frogs. Really. Amphibians and all kinds of other creatures are having a terrible time in the uk - if you are lucky enough to have them in your garden, you should protect them!! They are tremendously good at pest control too, eat loads of slugs and snails...

Sorry, feel like the disapproving auntie now, stopping your fun! ... :-[

12. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Karen - don't worry, Charlie is really rubbish at catching frogs. I don't know where they come from, there is no water in my garden but we are absolutely over run with them. I found one in my living room yesterday (carefully evicted in a Tupperware box and placed under a rhubarb leaf!).

13. tartanmouse

tartanmouse Registered Users

[quote author=Karen link=topic=2199.msg20076#msg20076 date=1375771992]
    I would think this is weird - except my sister's dog Ollie sends me texts sometimes... ::)

[/quote]

Harry has been getting texts daily since one of our visitors left...Heart breaker.

[quote author=JulieT link=topic=2199.msg20083#msg20083 date=1375778947]
    Karen - don't worry, Charlie is really rubbish at catching frogs. I don't know where they come from, there is no water in my garden but we are absolutely over run with them. I found one in my living room yesterday (carefully evicted in a Tupperware box and placed under a rhubarb leaf!).

[/quote]

Well that's just made me say OMG out loud. You're brave Julie, I've phoned the OH to come home from work when there's a butterfly in the bedroom.... He was unimpressed I have to say.

14. Oberon

[quote author=Karen link=topic=2199.msg20076#msg20076 date=1375771992]
    Amphibians and all kinds of other creatures are having a terrible time in the uk - if you are lucky enough to have them in your garden, you should protect them!! They are tremendously good at pest control too, eat loads of slugs and snails...
    [/quote]
    I must confess - I felt the same about the frog. You are so lucky to have them :) You must have a healthy garden environment.

15. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Let me reassure all frog lovers - the post was written from the point of view of a puppy and shouldn't be taken as a general indication of how we treat our frogs.

All frogs are generally well treated and welcome the same as the very large slow worm population (let's not talk about the puppy and slow worms though). But frogs are so numerous here they are almost at pest levels - and they die all the time. 2 or 3 die in the porch and patios every day just because we open the doors, and live, and they get squished. So we do our best for them, and maintain the garden to suit them - i am interested in the frog population, but not every individual frog. And I'd have to tie Charlie's 4 paws to his nose to stop him chasing them!

Phew, hope that's ok, feel under pressure to demonstrate I'm not a frog hater...even my boat is named after the frogs...

I'll post some pictures of the frogs when my broadband is working as proof they are healthy and doing well..

16. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

:D :D :D have to confess that really made me laugh, nearly spilt coffee all over the keyboard!

17. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Phew Julie, so glad to hear you are a frog lover as well as a dog lover!!! :) :) :)

18. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

And back to the stink,

Hubby didn't yet know what Amy was doing rolling on the floor until she came back to him a very smelly puppy! No cuddles for Amy tonight!

19. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh I haven't got time to read everything properly at the moment....just caught this up from Julie's last post frantically convincing us she is friend to all frogs......I have to laugh....whatever has gone before I will catch up on later .......another thread gone nuts I suspect! :D

20. David

David Registered Users

As a box of frogs! ;D