Birthday Girl

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Karen, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

It's Poppy's birthday today - one year old! Such a funny little thing when we got her, and it's been quite a journey. She is a lovely girl, and means a huge amount to me. Happy birthday Poppy!!!

2. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Birthday Girl

Happy birthday Poppy!
    :)

3. David

David Registered Users

Gosh 1 year old and can do everything! Happy birthday Poppy. TheDutch congratulate the parents on their children's birthdays. I think we shoulddo the samefor owners of puppies!

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Many Happy Returns Poppy, hope you get some extra treats today :)

5. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Happy Birthday Poppy! Hope it's a good one!
    Pippa

6. Sersi

Sersi Registered Users

Many happy returns to Poppy - I'm sure its a year thats disappeared fast for you Karen.

7. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Happy Birthday Poppy! that first year just flies in!

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Happy Birthday Poppy - love from me and Lilly :)

Jac

9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

A very Happy Birthday, hope you had lots of treats! Love Helen, Hattie & Charlie xxx :)

10. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Well, she celebrated her day by reverting to Nervy Little Thing mode. First she barked and growled at the men who were installing a new kitchen tap. (Mind you, after 2 1/2 hours, I felt like growling at them, too.) then she growled at the vet!!! Honestly, this dog, never had a moment's unkindness in her life, acts at times as though the world is full of dangers... Luckily the vet is super, and spent time chatting to me until Poppy calmed down and the vet could examine her without any dramas. She relaxed so much that the vet could even examine her third eyelid and diagnosed conjunctivitis of the third eyelid, so it's back to the antibacterial ointment... Best thing about this vet is she understands about working labs, which not many people do here!

But then we romped in the snow, and my son took her for a long walk and play in the afternoon, so all in all a pretty good day. Oh, and she was weighed too - 23.6 kg. tiny, nervy little thing!!! Bones weighed 35kg in his prime. But I love her all the same, and wouldn't swap her for any dog in the world. Certainly not for that fat Crufts champ (though I'm sure he's a very nice dog, in his own way). They're all different, our dogs, each with their own distinct personality - that's what makes it so fascinating, I guess!

11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Poppy didnt get a birthday present on her birthday, so we went out today and bought her a new squashy cushiony dog bed. Unfortunately, she thinks it is a toy, and has spent much of the afternoon dragging it around the house and worrying it like a terrier! :eek: Other half has just taken her out to do a bit of dummy work to get rid of some of her excess energy - perhaps after that she'll calm down enough to chill on the new bed... :D

12. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Ohh that sounds nice. I hope it stays in one piece... ;)

13. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Congratulations, on turning 1, Poppy, and (in the Dutch tradition) to your human parents for getting you there :)

I hope Poppy lay on her bed eventually. Beds are pretty fun for dragging though :)

14. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Haha, thanks, by late afternoon she decided the bed was pretty cool. We pushed it right up against the radiator - in this weather, it suddenly seemed like a lovely comfy and warm place to relax :)