Bitten by staffy :(

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Fwhitt246, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Fwhitt246

Fwhitt246 Registered Users

We were just watching my aunty and uncle run park run which is a 5k race which takes place in parks all over the country. Anyway we were just minding our own business watching people run past and murphy was say nicely watching as well and then a staffy which was running with its owner suddenly lunged across at murphy with his teeth out growling and because he was on a stretchy lead the woman couldn't pull him back fast enough and the dog half bit murphys nose and murphy yelped! It's not a puncture wound its more of a scratch across the top of his nose :(. I was so angry the woman just carried on running. Murphy isn't acting bothered by it and still wanted to play with other dogs but its still not very nice! :( xx

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Bitten by staffy :(

That's dreadful Frankie,glad he's not seeming bothered by it but I bet you are.....fuming!
    Have you popped some antiseptic on it ? i used a bit of betadine when Dexter got biffed by a cat on the nose,sadly that didn't put him off cats,in fact I think it's just made him keener!
    Are you staying over again tonight...I've just read your other post,not the best night you've ever had by the sounds of things x

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Oh no, that must of been so scary for both of you. I hope Murphy isn't hurt too badly :mad:
    Can't believe the owner carried on running.......that is out of order, she should of stopped and checked you were both ok!! :mad: :mad: some people are definitely not responsible dog owners!

Harley sends Murphy big licks x
    :p

4. Fwhitt246

Fwhitt246 Registered Users

Hiya,

Yea we've got another night here tonight, hopefully he will settle better now he's been here a while. I was reluctant to let him up with us like my oh was suggesting because it would just make it harder for my aunty when she has him for a week in jan. we are going to put some sudocrem on his nose. It all happened so fast! The staffys lead where he pulled towards murphy whilst the owner kept running caught on my 8 year old cousins leg and nearly pulled her over as well! Just ridiculous! People are such numpties and I am being polite!!

Hope you're feeling better from your treatment naya x

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

So sorry you've been having a bit of a bad time... :( Terrible about the woman with the staffie. Those extendable leashes are lethal. :(

6. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Poor Murphy :( He will be just fine though. It will heal up nicely.

As for the person with the Staffie - shame on you, lady!

7. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Seriously I wonder what people are thinking at times....why would you enter a race with a dog in the first place?? And if you DO bring a dog, why use an extendable leash?? Yeesh. Glad the little feller is okay...hopefully it didn't scare him off other dogs.

8. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Horrible. I hope you and puppy are ok.

We saw a lady tonight in pets at home (we go there a lot, because it's got non slip floors and we meet children and other dogs who are generally well behaved) with 2 very small but energetic dogs on 2 separate extendable leads - and she had the leads extended. It was hilarious. We stood well back to watch. Crash went the Christmas raffle display for the local pet charity...

9. Karen

Karen Registered Users

;D ;D ;D

10. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Chaos is marvelous to watch when someone unconnected to you is creating it !!! ;) there a horrible streak to me for sure! X

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=3661.msg41330#msg41330 date=1387078976]
    Chaos is marvelous to watch when someone unconnected to you is creating it !!! ;) there a horrible streak to me for sure! X
    [/quote]
    As there is in most of us I would guess ;D

12. Widgeon

Widgeon Registered Users

I REALLY try to avoid Staffies.
    When Widg was smaller he was playing in the park with a couple if other, much older, labs. A lady came in with 2 staffs and the other owners said don't worry they are soft and always play nicely.

They had a ball and Widg went to sniff it, well one started growling and snarling at him, to be fair the lady was really good, none of the usual "he's just playing" crap.

She put them straight on the lead and tried to get them to meet calmly, when he growled again she offered to come back later.
    Widg didn't seen to notice!! Sensitive he is not!!

I'm now really conscious of them, not sure if the correct protocol if a dog attacks yours??

On a lighter note, I had one those extendable leads and was forever tangling dogs and their owners as widgeon ran round them!! None ever said the word pillock but I bet they thought it!!

13. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

We met a border terrier pup in the woods yesterday. Little ball of energy. Lilly was very tolerant of it dong the face lick and jumping up. This was good as apparently a black lab had a go at it on a recent walk. They subsequently clipped on her long lead. Ha ha! Had a semi pirouette and hop to avoid being nobbled!
    At least it was a tape not a cord extender!