Blood in poo

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by allycat228, Nov 14, 2014.

1. allycat228

allycat228 Registered Users

Hi all,

Darcey is nearly 10 weeks old, this morning she had a poo which had a spot of blood in it, it was soft but not loose at all, she is alright in her self and is eating, drinking and playing as usual, We went to the vets and she thinks Darcey has been straining but has given her something to settle her tummy just incase, she has had 3 more poos with little streaks of blood but it seems to be getting less,

Has anyone else had anything like this?

susannah and darcey x

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: Blood in poo

Hi there Susannah,
    I'm glad you have been to the vet (you probably knew that we would suggest that :D )
    Lilly had blood in her poo once, but she had a major upset tummy a couple of christmases ago and had vomited some blood too.
    I guess that just like humans, if there is some straining at stool, there could be a wee burst blood vessel at the back passage. This causes a bit of fresh blood on the outside of a stool.
    If it is mixed in that usually comes from a bit higher up and could mean something a bit more.
    I'm glad your vet doesn't think it anything too much to worry about.
    Hope it settles soon.
    jac

3. allycat228

Thanks for replying,

They can be such a worry :) Lucky enough the blood is on the outside which goes with what the Vet said, i must admit to goggling and it came up with some awful answers which i don't think has helped :-[

thanks again

susannah

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=allycat228 link=topic=8755.msg124041#msg124041 date=1415997579]
    i must admit to goggling and it came up with some awful answers which i don't think has helped :-[
    [/quote]
    Arrgghhh!
    The curse of googling!
    Just better not to do it and either ask on here or ask your vet (or both :D )

5. Rolokris

Rolokris Registered Users

Can't offer any advice unfortunately. Just wanted to show my support to you. It's horrible when you see lots of views of your post and hardly any replies. They are such a worry sometimes aren't they? Seems to be something new everyday. Hope all is ok with Lilly :)

6. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

I hope you aren't worrying too much and that your vet has reassured you. It's just like (almost) having a child; such a worry. Just think that your vet is your pup's best friend (after you) and keep going back or phoning your vet until it is resolved. Fingers crossed for your pup :)

7. allycat228

Thanks for replys :)

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=Rolokris]
    Hope all is ok with Lilly :)
    [/quote]
    Yes, thank you - bit of a fraught Christmas ::) A tummy upset probably made worse being on anti inflammatory.
    No long term issues.

9. Rolokris

Rolokris Registered Users

Glad to hear it. Like I said these things come and bowl us over and then settle and we have to move on to the new concern, I'm sure Darcey will be fine to.

10. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hopefully it is because of straining. Harley had this when she had lots of tummy problems and it only lasted a few days. Hopefully Darcey will be ok in the next few days :)