Booked a short break, with the dogs

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Aug 16, 2012.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I`ve just booked a cottage near the coast in Dorset, for a short break in October :) My younger daughter is a single working Mum, she has two teenage sons and a four year old who I spend a lot of time with when she is at work . We were going to book the cottage for ourselves and then wondered if my daughter and little grandson would like to join us, she jumped at the chance, we havent told Silas yet as he will think its tomorrow :)
    It was quite amusing , looking at all the cottages where dogs are allowed, some are very grand and frankly scarey , some very minimalistic with cream rugs , the thought of a four year old and two one year old dogs in places like this sent me into a cold sweat :) :) Luckily I happened upon one which is more farmhousey , much more us, far less swish but where I wouldnt be on the verge of a nervous breakdown and best of all ,an enclosed safe garden and two sitting rooms with two TV`s so we wont be forced into the dreaded CBB C`s every tea time :)

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: Booked a short break, with the dogs

Sounds good! We booked a holiday at the beginning of July for the family near Kyle of Lochalsh - our booking criteria were #1 Fenced in garden for the dog, #2 WiFi to keep the kids happy! Likewise opted for something more basic rather than posh. Only downside (although made us laugh) was Lilly's struggle with the laminate floor and quarry tiles - looked like she was walking on ice like bambi half the time. She was most miffed she wasn't allowed upstairs where the carpet was ;D
    Hope you all have a lovely time when it comes.
    Jacqui

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

My short holiday with the puppy in a rented apartment in Bavaria worked out surprisingly well too! Hope you have a lovely time with dogs and grandchild, fingers crossed the weather plays along. xx

4. David

David Registered Users

Hope it all goes well. Sounds nice. I like Dorset and some good walking too. We're off to Cornwall as usual in September. We stay in a cottage near Stithians. Lady loves it in Cornwall, although her attempts at solving the Cornish stile are sometimes quite amusing to watch! We're staying overnight in a dog friendly hotel near Yeovil to break the journey on the way down. That will be a first for us with the dog so a little stressful. Fingers crossed.

Have a great break!

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Stithians is about half an hour from where I live David , hope you enjoy your break too :)

6. Sammie@labforumHQ

Sammie@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Sounds good Kate!

I can't relax at all if I take my kids (or dog!) anywhere smart, or white! Give me cosy but 'imperfect' any day... Some landlords seem to be frighteningly laid back!

Hope it goes well... The way things are going we should be due some sun, by October!